PDA

View Full Version : gravely hydro vs. bobcat belt drive

peteny567
02-26-2004, 01:24 PM
Hi,
I am considering buying a commercial walkbehind for cutting my 1 acre lawn. There are some gently sloping hills and only a small patch of steepness behind our house. I can get either a gravely hydro or a bobcat belt drive. The gravely would only cost me about $300 more. Both are 36 in decks and are new. Any thoughts on which I should choose?

Also, I have a number of small trees scattered about our lawn together with a number of beds and one of the things that I'm concerned about is that the hydro may be more difficult to maneuver (i.e., I wouldn't have the belt drive's luxury of being able to let out the belts and pull or push the machine a bit to get a better cut along irregularly shaped objects).

Thanks,

Pete

joeboy4
02-26-2004, 01:40 PM
Pete the belt drive is much harder to manueuver than the hydro. Like you said you have to push pull the belt drive where as with the hydro you just squeeze the handles to back up or let them out to go forwad. I have a gravely belt drive and a snapper hydro both have been great machines. I would go with the hydro.