PDA

View Full Version : 48' Lesko for $700?

slikrick
02-26-2004, 05:05 PM
is that a good deal? its about 5 years old, not smoking, seems to run well, belt driven WB and ugly as sin, but i found someone selling it for $700. Just starting out in business for myself so trying to keep cost down but i dont need breakdowns and so on.... also anyone know if Lesko parts are hard to get?
Thanks

impactlandscaping
02-26-2004, 05:12 PM
I'm not a resident of Florida, but if you found an "ugly " Lesco that looks five years old, it probably has the equivalent of ten years use on it from cutting thick lawns and sandy soils. If you are worried about downtime, why even bother with it? You get what you pay for IMO. If nothing else you start off with is new, at least try to get a new WB w/ warranty if you can. If not, buy the best you can afford to buy..

mow2nd
02-26-2004, 05:18 PM
I got a buddy in the business that also bought a 48 in Lesco WB, belt drive for 700. I dont know how old it was, but that was 2 years ago, he still using that mower. Many of the parts on a Lesco 48 are the same as a 48 scag.

I dont know what kinda condition your mower is in, but if it is all you can afford, go ahead. Those are good mowers, my dad bought one of the first ones to come out and it still runs today.

Turf Technologies
02-26-2004, 06:13 PM
I have a 5 yr old Lesco 48wb Hydro runs sometimes better then our new 52 Lesco. We are thinking of getting rid of the 48 WB, pm for details.

SodKing
02-26-2004, 06:40 PM
I have a 12 year old 36" all original, still runs like a top. The 10 year old 48 has had one engine (ex-employee didn't check the oil) still operates perfectly. Decent mowers, parts readily available, buy it. If you have to replace something it would still be a good deal.

BTW I still mow my own lawn with 22 year old Deere that I retired from the company, 2 40 year old lockes, 1 15 year old national, and one 4 year old Mclane greens mower.

energy
02-26-2004, 10:41 PM
Why dont you get a hydro? Look.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?threadid=62165

:eek: