PDA

View Full Version : HELP??? Insurance question

TMlawncare
02-27-2004, 01:47 PM
I contacted my insurance company, Cameron Mutual, about getting insurance for pesticide applications. She told me that my general liability insurance will cover it at no charge. She will just have to amend my policy. However she said that the coverage only covers hand applicators. I asked what they considered "hand applicators." She replied, I think it means things like push spreaders and those sprayers that you put on your back. She really isn't into lawncare. Do any of you use Cameron Mutual or have any ideas on this? My personal opinion is that a 200 gallon tank sprayer is hand applied through a chemlawn gun similiar to a back sprayer. Help...............

Ryan Lightning
02-27-2004, 03:22 PM
Im guessing. Hand applied would any application that is done with man powered equipment, Like push spreaders and pump sprayers. As soon as you use a engine its no longer hand powered.
Just remember if you file a claim its there job to find a way out of paying the claim.

James Cormier
02-27-2004, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by TMlawncare
I contacted my insurance company, Cameron Mutual, about getting insurance for pesticide applications. She told me that my general liability insurance will cover it at no charge. She will just have to amend my policy. However she said that the coverage only covers hand applicators. I asked what they considered "hand applicators." She replied, I think it means things like push spreaders and those sprayers that you put on your back. She really isn't into lawncare. Do any of you use Cameron Mutual or have any ideas on this? My personal opinion is that a 200 gallon tank sprayer is hand applied through a chemlawn gun similiar to a back sprayer. Help...............

Dosent sound right to me, You may want to contact another agent and see if this is true, The last thing you will want to do is find out your under insured or not insured when you need it.

Maybe states are different, Do you need a licence in your state? IF so ask that state dep. if you need anything other than general liability. in Ma you need a pollution exclusion written into the policy.

TMlawncare
02-27-2004, 06:42 PM
In Missouri to get your license you have to have pesticide insurance. I don't want to run into any problems, I already seem to have too many.