PDA

View Full Version : Picked up my first hydro today!

yz250fpilot
02-27-2004, 04:26 PM
I bought my mower the other day, but just went and picked it up today. Toro 36" Pistol Grip Hydro.

I drove it around today when I got home, and all I can say is....wow. This is a very fine machine.

It's replacing a 21" Toro that was used on gated yards. I think this is going to be one very productive year.

I love new toys! :)

jajwrigh
02-27-2004, 04:34 PM
Nice way to start off the year!! Have fun making lots of money with it!!

Ferdelance
02-27-2004, 04:37 PM
You made the right decision on buying a hydro first. Most people, including myself bought a belt drive first, not realizing how much easier a hydro mower is to handle and is way more productive.

kppurn
02-27-2004, 04:39 PM
Congrats on your new purchase!

You should be more productive now. I have a belt drive Toro 36" and when the day comes to replace it, I'll get a hydro.

I ran all hydros when I was working for someone else, but the lower cost of the belt drive is why I started with it. I would take a hydro over a belt drive any day. Good luck with it!

impactlandscaping
02-27-2004, 04:41 PM
Congrats man!!! Productivity = Profitability.....

yz250fpilot
02-27-2004, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by kppurn
Congrats on your new purchase!

You should be more productive now. I have a belt drive Toro 36" and when the day comes to replace it, I'll get a hydro.

I ran all hydros when I was working for someone else, but the lower cost of the belt drive is why I started with it. I would take a hydro over a belt drive any day. Good luck with it!

I was actually going to go with a belt drive, but when the dealer gave me the price of $2599 for the hydro, I had no reason to buy the belt drive. It was a very good deal and too hard to pass up! I love the reverse...!

promower
02-27-2004, 04:54 PM
I'll never forget the sense of pride I got after getting my first hydro, made me feel like I was on the right path. They look so different in your garage and not on the display floor. Have fun with it!!

sildoc
02-27-2004, 08:32 PM
Ya and just wait till you smear dog crap all over it. Ha I about fliped my lid that day.

tiedeman
02-27-2004, 09:07 PM
The first time that I bought a hydro, I promised myself that I would never go back to a belt

pjslawncare/landscap
02-27-2004, 09:08 PM
Good well rounded purchase yz250fpilot. Even if you decide adding a bigger mower in the future, that 36" will always have a place in your mower fleet. Have fun with your new toy :)

yz250fpilot
02-27-2004, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by pjslawncare/landscap
Good well rounded purchase yz250fpilot. Even if you decide adding a bigger mower in the future, that 36" will always have a place in your mower fleet. Have fun with your new toy :)

Already got the bigger mower. It's a Kubota L3010 with a 72" finishing mower. :) It's not real good for small residential stuff though. :)