PDA

View Full Version : Retirement Villages

Lawn-N-Garden Guy
02-27-2004, 09:30 PM
Anyone have any experiance with bidding and taking care of a retirement village?
Currently there are two differant villages in my town and one is accepting bids on it , this is the 1st year they have attempted to put it out for contract,and the one across the street has not yet do this but I forsee them eventually doing this also.The 1st one is approx.5 acres and the other is approx 25 acres. Thanx

specialtylc
02-27-2004, 09:44 PM
Cant be much different than an apartment complex. Been good clients for us.

workaholic
02-28-2004, 08:51 PM
Becareful they can be a pita. There always looking for cheap prices. I tryed to bid 14 condos last year and came up with a reasonable price for around 20 hours of mowing time using 1 employee and myself and his jaw hit the ground and said your much higher then who we had do this last year. So i asked how much was the bid last year, and he told me 225.00 a cut. Then i asked who was the contractor and he told me they were 2 college kids that mowed it, so i told him that i could not do this for that kind of money and he just said ok we will have to find some one that will and i told him good luck....

terracare
02-28-2004, 10:53 PM
We have just acquired a new 20 acre condo complex with 98 units in it. We got the bid with the same conditions as you did, the home owners separated and formed their own association and kicked out the lawn company that they were required to pay their dues to. The company they had did a very unsatisfactory job and were glad to hire us on. The bid was for mowing, trimming, blowing, edging of all walks and drives, gutter cleaning, mulching, shrub pruning, and finaly snow removal. The easiest way we found to bid it was a per unit price for each service per occurance. Alot of work but very good money in it. Hope this helps, good luck!

Ed