PDA

View Full Version : NC Pesticide Help

PMLAWN
02-28-2004, 09:12 AM
New to Lawnsite, this is a great resorce. Also new to the business.(about 2 years small but this year I want to start growing.)I have not done any applications nor do I have the lic. I also do not have very much knowage about it. The first question is what is the best way to learn, short of going to Horticultural School. Is there a good training manual or books I could get that would help. Is there a way to partner with someone for a few years to do the applications and to learn from or is this asking to much from another LOC. (Kind of teaching your competition). Maybe an apprenticeship program? I have the training manuals from the state and I plan to take the test but I really want to know what I am doing before I go and do it on my own. I'm very concerned with doing the job right for my customers and not destroying my reputation or customer base. I also want to stay on good terms with the state. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your help.

mow2nd
02-28-2004, 09:58 AM
find a local Lesco dealer. www.lesco.com the can help you with all the questions you have about doing treatments

PMLAWN
02-28-2004, 01:55 PM
Thank you, Mow2nd. I believe there is one just a little south of me. I will stop by.