PDA

View Full Version : Ronstar G

Hodge
02-28-2004, 11:47 PM
Just got done reading the MSDS on this product and it is not reg for use in home lawns. Is there another products I can use for post emergent grass weed control in Bermuda grass that is (somewhat) dormant now. Looking to control Dallis grass, fescue. I understand RONSTAR G will control alot of other broad-leaf sp. but normal use Trimec 992, which work great. Mostly interested in grassy weed control. Any help would be great....:)

timturf
02-29-2004, 12:18 PM
Ronstar is a pre emerge control product not label for residential use!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hodge
02-29-2004, 05:59 PM
Ok... I guess that will not work. Any recommendations on an effective grassy weed control post emergent in Bermuda grasses?

mow2nd
02-29-2004, 07:07 PM
round-up.........as long as bermuda is still dormant you can use round-up to kill whats green, and you know round up will kill anything.

tennissippi
02-29-2004, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Hodge
Ok... I guess that will not work. Any recommendations on an effective grassy weed control post emergent in Bermuda grasses?

Use DRIVE or good ole MSMA 2apps. 7-10 apart. Or you could try FINALE or ROUNDUP if the bermuda is dormant.

mow2nd
02-29-2004, 09:04 PM
Round up is cheaper..................spray now to kill the grassy weeds. When summer comes and dallas grass pops up use MSMA.............dont forget to put down some Pre-m

good luck

Hodge
03-01-2004, 06:23 PM
Excellent. In North TX the Bermuda never really goes dormant, so using roundup would leave far too many brown spots during the server months, especially if the yard has too many grassy weeds (blanket spray). I understand the best method is pre - m's but some are new accounts with no pre em down so Iam dealing with it now. Trimec 992 contains MSMA, but that is more dependent upon the 80+ weather, any thing for the now. Looking for a goo response like broad-leaf applications???

mow2nd
03-01-2004, 07:12 PM
a broadleaf application is not going to kill grassy weeds. I was just in Austin TX and looks like things are still dormint, I wouldn't spray the St. Augustine but the burmuda is still dormint. Trust me, I used to work on a golf course and just before spring we sprayed all the rye, and other grassey weeds. Round-up will work for about 7 days then it's gone. Bermuda not going to be active for maybe another month..............hey just trying to help. MSMA will not kill fescue.

Broadleaf will kill some of the weeds you have, but again will have no effect if you have grass such as fescue or rye or anytype of grass for that matter.

Or wait until everything is green and spray momentum early spring. No need to spray MSMA until beginning of summer or mid summer.

Go ahead and do a PRE-M application