PDA

View Full Version : Vinyl Graphics HELP!!!!!!!!

plowman
02-29-2004, 12:39 AM
So here is my Question.......

I am looking to get vinyl graphics on my truck but don't know how much it will cost. I need ideas and prices people have paid.
I will have them on both doors of my 1 ton ford extended cab,tailgate and possibly front window.

If anyone knows how much it costs to have it designed that would be great. If you have any ideas of what I should do feel free to throw it out there. Dont hesitate to post your truck. The name of my company is Top Notch Lawn Care.

By the way fairly new to the site and I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!

Lawn-N-Garden Guy
02-29-2004, 01:52 AM
I paid 60 bucks for two stickers of my own creation on the rear side windows of a 99 Ran ext cab.

impactlandscaping
02-29-2004, 02:19 AM
Depending on what graphic co. you work with, expect to pay anywhere between $ 200.00-$400.00+ based on graphics/colors/design time/etc. to do a regular pickup.At least around here that is a pretty standard ballpark price range.

Doc Pete
02-29-2004, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by plowman
So here is my Question.......

I am looking to get vinyl graphics on my truck but don't know how much it will cost. I need ideas and prices people have paid.
I will have them on both doors of my 1 ton ford extended cab,tailgate and possibly front window.

If anyone knows how much it costs to have it designed that would be great. If you have any ideas of what I should do feel free to throw it out there. Dont hesitate to post your truck. The name of my company is Top Notch Lawn Care.

By the way fairly new to the site and I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!

Why don't you design them yourself. All you need a graphics program??? I'm guessing you already have something on your computer right now???? In round numbers, though, you could figure on paying about $12 a square foot for vinyl letters, depending you the amount of different colors you want.
DP

Cutters Lawn Care
02-29-2004, 09:42 AM
I have a box truck with both box sides and rear rollup door lettered. My business name is in 24 inch letters with phone number in 12 inch letters. I already had a logo so didn't need any design work. It is 3M vinyl. Should last about 10 years before it starts fading. Cost was $750

Randy Scott
02-29-2004, 10:08 AM
Pickup trucks - approximately $300 for labor & materials of the vinyl.

Actual design of a logo would not really be included. To have someone design a logo, and put it into a format that t-shirt and other companies of marketing or advertising, could cost up-wards of $500.

All depends who works on it, and what the design ends up as.

firedude26
02-29-2004, 11:05 AM
I just had this truck done yesterday, i was $350.00 i have added pics

firedude26
02-29-2004, 11:08 AM
one more pic of truck

CNYScapes
02-29-2004, 11:15 AM
Nice Rig Firedude, the picture will really grab peoples attention!:blob3:

upsondown
02-29-2004, 12:10 PM
Fire: Was $350 the total cost - both sides? Around here that would be an $800 job. If you got it for $350 - marry the guy !
Dave

sildoc
02-29-2004, 12:38 PM
www.loudgraphics.com he can design and do your graphics for both sides of your vehicle for under 150.
or if you have a design it is 34.50 each side 24x36"

NickN
02-29-2004, 12:42 PM
Go to Gophers site and have them design your logo.They do a great job and are a pleasure to do business with.
Then go to magneticsigns.com.They'll do a great job with your vinyl signs.Ask to speak with Fran.

medimac
02-29-2004, 02:28 PM
I am having a 6x12 enclosed trailer lettered on Wed. Both sides and the back(2 colors). I already had the graphic design from when I had t-shirts done. The price is 350.00.
I received multiple estimates on this project and the range was anywhere from 300.00 up to 1200.00 to have it done.

Mr DanO
02-29-2004, 03:57 PM
Check with Lettertech in St. Paul had them do a semi for me some time back they did a great job and it was reasonable.

JB1LNDSCPR
02-29-2004, 04:55 PM
I will post my pic end of march but mine was $250 for both doors and tailgate and along top of my box. Thats 3 different colors too

NCSULandscaper
02-29-2004, 05:44 PM
I had both doors and the tailgate done for $225 thats with 3 colors.

PROCUT1
02-29-2004, 06:02 PM
Its like lawn service.....Call 10 guys and you'll get 10 prices..

firedude26
02-29-2004, 08:08 PM
you are right procut,

He did both doors in 7 colors, did truck #'s on each side, did back in one color, and also hand painted all the pin stripping you see on cab.

I think he did a great job at a great price , i had another person quote me at 950 so i guess i saved 600 bucks.

Lawn Dog2001
02-29-2004, 08:08 PM
I had both doors on my truck designed and installed, using my logo, for about $100 including my BU# on each side.

I then had matching magnetics made for my other truck for about the same price.

Prices on this will vary, the best thing for you to do call around to your local sign shops. Take your truck in for an estimate, and chose a design sign that is what you want, and fits your budget.

Avery
02-29-2004, 10:47 PM
Here is one of mine. Cannot remember how much it was. Not cheap, I do remember that much.

Avery
02-29-2004, 10:48 PM
And the front view..........

Avery
02-29-2004, 10:50 PM
Not a good shot but here is one of our P/U trucks, a van, and a light duty P/U in the background.

2BladeRunners
02-29-2004, 10:56 PM
firedude, how far are you from Grand Rapids? I need to get my truck done this spring...yours is great!

AintNoFun
02-29-2004, 11:14 PM
avery,

what does it say along your bed. i have always wanted to letter the sides of our beds, but never made a final decision as to what to put on it.....

firedude26
03-01-2004, 10:32 AM
that is a different looking unit. the big gmc that is.

I am 3 hours from there, I dont hink he would come that far but if your willing to drive he might be interested.

Avery
03-01-2004, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by AintNoFun
avery,

what does it say along your bed. i have always wanted to letter the sides of our beds, but never made a final decision as to what to put on it.....

Commercial Residential Irrigation Outdoor Lighting

IndyPropertyCare
03-01-2004, 06:56 PM
not the best pic, will take a better one after I clean it up. Been meaning too for a while now.

Flame decals on the hood/front quarter panels, logo on both doors, then number/website and a few service on here around $500. Flames basically doubled our cost, but worth it. Catches everyones attention! Gotta do something to be different!

amw
03-01-2004, 07:32 PM
if your going to do anymore than $1000.00 in vinyl lettering i would think about buying the cutter, i am in the prossess of getting 1 right now...with all the $ ive spent over the years on it i could own 4-5 cutters....so NO MORE...

just something to think about

Florida 5 Star
03-01-2004, 10:19 PM
We only payed $250.00 to ger this done

sildoc
03-01-2004, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by amw
if your going to do anymore than $1000.00 in vinyl lettering i would think about buying the cutter, i am in the prossess of getting 1 right now...with all the $ ive spent over the years on it i could own 4-5 cutters....so NO MORE...

just something to think about

just curious what does a cutter run?

amw
03-01-2004, 11:47 PM
they at about $1000 (15inch) and go up for bigger size cutters for a $2150 for a 24inch and they just keep getting bigger and more $

amw
03-01-2004, 11:49 PM
most people would be fine with the 15inch

Florida 5 Star
03-02-2004, 11:22 AM
AMW
Why buy a cutter and invest time and effort when you can pay someone else who is a professional and does it full time for a living. As you see above my vehicle lettering design is rather simple but its a business expense and I get to claim it as an expenditure on my taxes. My hourly rate for labor is $60 per man hour and it would take several hours to complete. So why waist the time on doing it myself?
Paul

Lux Lawn
03-02-2004, 11:37 AM
Indypropertycare

Thats one colorful looking truck when people see it they will remember who it is.Looks good.

exmarklover
03-02-2004, 12:10 PM
Avery, NICE rig! How much did you pay for the truck? How is it working for you?

amw
03-02-2004, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Florida 5 Star
AMW
Why buy a cutter and invest time and effort when you can pay someone else who is a professional and does it full time for a living. As you see above my vehicle lettering design is rather simple but its a business expense and I get to claim it as an expenditure on my taxes. My hourly rate for labor is $60 per man hour and it would take several hours to complete. So why waist the time on doing it myself?
Paul

Because its not rocket science, its basicly stickers, and i have put them on trucks before and its not hard and it dosent take very long, as for needing a pro?...i dont see why you would need one ....its easy....i plan on starting a small biz. with mine, my wife will run in her spare time...and by owning one i can add vinyl on a truck for basicly nothing, and my mowers, pressure washers, ect..
+ you can write off the cutter anyways..
and all the supplys

this is just my oppinion....no offence ment to anyone, who my be in that field...

amw
03-02-2004, 12:37 PM
i wanted to add this but i took to long (you only have 10 mins)

also i dont think i could find any company around here to do that job for $250.00 pretty much all the places i talk to it looks like more of a $450.00 job.....and i think your truck looks nice, but i bet you thats less then $75.00 in vinyl so @ $250.00 your basicly paying someone $175.00 to apply stickers...yes i know you have to account for the cost of the cutter, knifes/blades, electric, computer, ect... but, you will make your $ back quick...in savings...

Florida 5 Star did you ever apply vinyl before? ....if you did then you know what im saying...

NCSULandscaper
03-02-2004, 02:58 PM
Yea then after you spend over $1000 on a cutter, you have to spend another several hundred on design software for the cutter, then another several hundred on the cleaning supplies and installation tools to put the vinyl on. Then you have to know what you are doing to line everythin gup perfect. Its NOT worth the time to do it yourself. Also you have to buy full rolls of vinyl, way more than you will ever need, and that stuff is not cheap either.

Q-Team Inc
03-02-2004, 03:18 PM
I had a F250 and a Chevy 3500 dump done for $600.00 last spring. Has logo & phone numbers on both doors as well as mulch, mowing, spring/fallcleanups and plowing/sanding all over truck. We have gone to the same guy locally for all of our equipment so I think he gives us a deal.

IndyPropertyCare
03-02-2004, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Lux Lawn
Indypropertycare

Thats one colorful looking truck when people see it they will remember who it is.Looks good.

Thank you. Thats what we went after. Something to stand out from everyone else. People do remember the truck, that is for sure! It turns a lot heads. Even if they don't like it it's VERY eyecatching in the sunlight. The colors are darn near flourescent in the light. They can't help but look at it.

You have to go after peoples attention in any form of advertising. Vehicle advertising is the best avenue in my opinion. Your out there everyday, all year long. For the money it's the best advertising you can do, so make it something people will remember when they think lawn care/snowplowing or whatever you do!

If I were to do it over again I would have paid the extra money and went with reflective lettering for the website and the phone number though.

Florida 5 Star
03-02-2004, 07:14 PM
AMW
Yes I agree applying it is easy abit of window cleaner behind it and you can slide it arround all you want. But it takes time to design lettering that looks correct on each vehicle any person can cut out vinyl but you need to be able to have the patience to do it.
I find it much easier to just drop it off the trucks and pick them up in 4 hours. He does all the vehicle prep work and the clean up while Im out making more money to pay for it. So after working 4 hours it really only costs me $10 ($60x4hrs = $240 $250 Cost -240 Earnings =$ 10) and no headaches. I think its great that you are branching out to do this on the side but in Florida we have to cut almost year round so we always have work to do. No offense but I would rather be riding my Lazer or walking behind the metro than cutting letters
JMHO
Paul

Avery
03-02-2004, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by exmarklover
Avery, NICE rig! How much did you pay for the truck? How is it working for you?

Working out great so far. I do not know how I got along w/o one for so long! You can get one like this for about the same or a little less than you would pay for a new P/U and trailer combo.