PDA

View Full Version : the new toro 500 series z

mowit12000
02-29-2004, 12:33 AM
good evening, the boss called today and said we got a couple of big accts he has been bidding on, one 60 acres with about 20 to mow weekly, and another 30 acres property any way he calls the exmark dealer on a 72" very high,(we run mostly exmark now) calls toro says he'll sell new 500 series 72" 27hp for
6800.00 delivered could you all tell me is this a good price for this machine, i know it sounds good,but how good is this machine
:help:

odin
02-29-2004, 12:42 AM
tell him to get in his car and truck and drive like a bat out of hell and buy it ....that is a fantastic price ... thats almost two thousand cheaper then i gave for my 557 toro.

mowit12000
02-29-2004, 12:49 AM
that is what i thought also, but how do u like it .
will it give the same quality of cut as the exmark i am thinking yes?

Tonyr
02-29-2004, 01:15 AM
Sorry I can't give you a comparison, but I can tell you I bought the Toro 588E last Friday, I had it on a try before buy arrangement for 1 week, I mulched bermuda short and long and trash stuff, in all mulch tests this thing is excellent!

In side discharge, same as above plus a whole lot of heavy, thick bush grass mixed with ferral bermuda, to throw 10ft plus is easy as. The baffle as far as I know from my limited experience at this time basically gives you a SFS deck when opened up, when in more closed positions gives you the cut of an Exmark, small clippings with high velocity.

Finished actual cut quality....love to see better :)

Overall the model is fantastic, a joy to opperate.

Odin, thanks mate for helping me out before I made my purchase those weeks ago, you shure weren't wrong my friend!

Hope this helps ya some.

GreenMonster
02-29-2004, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by mowit12000
good evening, the boss called today and said we got a couple of big accts he has been bidding on, one 60 acres with about 20 to mow weekly, and another 30 acres property any way he calls the exmark dealer on a 72" very high,(we run mostly exmark now) calls toro says he'll sell new 500 series 72" 27hp for
6800.00 delivered could you all tell me is this a good price for this machine, i know it sounds good,but how good is this machine
:help:

$6800??:eek: :eek:

Holy S**T!

I could buy a one way plane ticket, but that machine, rent a u-haul, drive back here, and still be a few bucks less than buying it local.:confused:

Are you sure you don't have your 6 & 8 transposed?!?!

mowit12000
02-29-2004, 04:02 PM
no not transposed the 6 came before the 8 lol
i saw the paperwork this morning,need to know more on the quality of this machine,we have an older toro z we only use for bagging now but the cut quality is piss poor compared to that of the exmarks we have, so has this new deck improved things

Tonyr
02-29-2004, 04:20 PM
The new deck gives a very clean cut, very high quality cut and finish.

FERT-TEK
02-29-2004, 04:24 PM
I am coming to Iowa with a convoy of trucks to buy the whole lot of them. Hell I will strap one to the top of my truck if I can bring another home. Something isn't right. Could this be a like new demo?

Grass Master
02-29-2004, 04:41 PM
Point blank......straight up......

THAT PRICE IS NOT RIGHT!!

There is not that kind of mark up on these machines!!