PDA

View Full Version : Warranty work? New Vs. Used

robertyb
02-29-2004, 12:24 PM
How important are the warrantys on the new mowers? Enough to justify the price between a new machine and a used one? How many of you have had to have expensive warranty work done?

J&R
02-29-2004, 12:49 PM
I had one 23 hp Kaw engine replaced Cost about 1600.00 plus labor.

lawnman_scott
02-29-2004, 02:21 PM
Only warranty work i ever had done was a coil on a chainsaw, and a clutch on a weed eater.

specialtylc
02-29-2004, 07:07 PM
$3000 for new transmission on my kubota. Actually it was just the pump housing but the dealer and kubota factory replaced the whole unit to be sure there wouldnt be any problems later. Damn good warranty.

Lawn Dog2001
02-29-2004, 08:24 PM
You wont know how important a good warranty is, until 1 year into a machine you need major repairs, and they cost you more than the used mower did. Then you'll know.

Remember, when you buy used, there is always the chance you are buying someones problems. If you can afford it, I would buy new.

bastalker
02-29-2004, 08:35 PM
When a piece of equipment is your livelyhood, a warranty makes all the difference in the world....Some repair work can run into alot of money. I dont want to have to pay for repairs if I dont have to.....

Its kind of like car insurance...As long as you have it, you wont get into any accidents. The minute you drop it , CRASH!!!!!

If you are going to buy used equipment, put money aside for repairs!! If you buy new, let the manufacturers pay for them....