PDA

View Full Version : tracker dye

1stclasslawns
02-29-2004, 03:44 PM
I am tired of paying so much for a dye that just shows you where youve been. Anyonr got a source thats cheaper?

Or how bout some different colors? orange? yellow? pink?

Jim

NCSULandscaper
02-29-2004, 05:00 PM
I use Signal. Blue color, works good for me, pretty cheap. $15 per quart. mixes with about 100 gal.

mow2nd
02-29-2004, 05:54 PM
I dont use any dye................but thats just me. Why do you need dye? Try doing it without. Does the Dye stain the driveways? I started on a yard months back and for a long time there was green stain in the cracks. Looked like the guy before me used green dye. When do you use dye? I mean do you use it just for round-up or with a post emergent?

Sorry for sounding ******ed about it, but I've never used it. Just not seeing the point

NCSULandscaper
02-29-2004, 09:08 PM
You use it for even spraying over an area. It also helps reduce overspraying an area twice, which leads to money and product savings, along with environmental protection to an extent. Ive never had a staining problem with Signal, except when its in the full concentrated strength on clothes and what not.

mow2nd
02-29-2004, 09:20 PM
Well, if it works for some people. I guess I'm old fashioned.

NCSULandscaper
02-29-2004, 09:22 PM
I suggest everyone should atleast try it once, just to see how good everyone thinks they are when spraying.

Kevin M.
02-29-2004, 10:27 PM
I think im pretty good at spraying so that is why I dont use tracker dye. Plus tracker dye gets all over your clothes and the truck and your spray equipment and it makes a huge mess. Another thing if you cant tell where you have been when you spray post emergent for weeds then follow this simple solution when your using a tank sprayer to spray the weeds is to work back towards the truck from the farthest point. Of course experience helps with this matter as well as I have been doing this for 6 years.