PDA

View Full Version : Signs

greengator
02-29-2004, 07:12 PM
CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW THE SIGNS ON THE TRUCKS AND TRAILERS HELP? DO ALOT OF PEOPLE CALL THAT HAS SEEN THE ADVERTING?CONSIDERING GETTING SOME FOR MINE,JUST CURIOUS THE RESULT.

1MajorTom
02-29-2004, 07:17 PM
We letter up our trucks not because we expect people to write our number down when they see our trucks.
Instead, we do it for name recognition. The more people that know your name, know you're in business, the better it is for you.

mow2nd
02-29-2004, 07:17 PM
Well, My view on that is if you do good work and the neighbor notices, they will look out the window and call your number.

As far as driving down the road, I dont get many calls.

BrianK10
02-29-2004, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by mow2nd
Well, My view on that is if you do good work and the neighbor notices, they will look out the window and call your number.

Ditto

greengator
02-29-2004, 07:24 PM
I HAVE BEEN DOING SOME MULCHING ALREADY,HAVE 3 JOBS THIS WEEK. WORD TRAVELS FAST THROUGH FRIENDS OF CUSTOMERS. WORD OF MOUTH. I MAY PUT SIGNS,LOOKS PROFESSIONAL.

mow2nd
02-29-2004, 07:27 PM
I get a lot of my business now from existing customers as well, but u never know when the neighbor across the street is watching you. A lot of times they would rather call then come over and bother you.

greengator
02-29-2004, 07:30 PM
THATS TRUE. THANKS FOR THE HELP. GUESS I WILL WORK ON GETTING SOME SIGNS MADE.

BSDeality
02-29-2004, 07:35 PM
another option is the lawn-sign, they're pretty good to leave around the property for a day or two after completing a project. they also can help you target your area's as well.

ps, CAPS IS CONSIDERED SHOUTING!!

mtdman
02-29-2004, 08:15 PM
Can you please take the caps lock off, unless you are intentionally yelling at all of us?

Lawn Dog2001
02-29-2004, 08:19 PM
I use truck lettering because it adds to company image. When people see your advertisements, they will remember seeing your trucks on the road. People feel more comfortable with a company that portrays a professional image IMO.

bastalker
02-29-2004, 08:22 PM
Yeah you dont have to yell at us.....;) :p

I cover the same area everyday with the truck an trailer. If they are lettered, people will see it, an get use to seeing it. It would be like passing some sort of landmark everyday that people relate to. Then one day these people decide to do something with thier property. It might not be something they really want to do, but they would like it done. After seeing your truck an trailer passing by for the 100th time, they might give you a call..

Like the others have said....It works great when the nieghbors see the work your doing, but dont want to approach you. They would rather call.;)

j fisher
02-29-2004, 08:38 PM
Name recognition #1, Image #2. And I have had people call me on my cell phone ( # on my trailer) while I was in their area working wanting an estimate. These are calls I would not have gotten had it not been for the lettering on my trailer.

greengator
03-01-2004, 09:33 AM
Sorry for yelling, wasn't aware of the caps lock would causing much trouble. Just needed some help with the question. Once again thanks for the info and hope all well in the coming weeks.