PDA

View Full Version : Lesco stores....

GTLC
02-29-2004, 09:17 PM
Has anybody here been to a Lesco store (aka Lesco Service center), if so, what do they supply, and how big. I am trying to decide of it is worth it to take a 3-hour trip to Manchester, NH to shop at one of their stores.

mow2nd
02-29-2004, 09:20 PM
Fertilizers, chemicals, Lesco Mowers and equipment.........everything is Lesco. They dont sell any other brands. At least not where I am located.

www.lesco.com

Usually have great advice if you are having problems with a yard

mow2nd
02-29-2004, 09:21 PM
oh, I wouldn't make the drive, find a local dealer. Lesco is a great company, but not worth the drive

GTLC
02-29-2004, 09:29 PM
Unfortunately no local dealers are in my area.

mow2nd
02-29-2004, 09:30 PM
Oh that stinks, Where did u buy your equipment? Where do you get fertilizer now?

leeslawncare
02-29-2004, 09:32 PM
They are great!They have the best ferts an the best prices i've had contact with .Too bad they are not in your area.

mtdman
02-29-2004, 09:37 PM
My lesco is very unimpressive, and I make every effort to stay away from there.

Lawn Dog2001
02-29-2004, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by mtdman
My lesco is very unimpressive, and I make every effort to stay away from there.

I agree. I dont have the best impression of Lesco. There pricing techinics bother me. I have been quoted prices over the phone, and gone in to find out they either dont have what I want, or the price is totally different that what I was quoted. Some of there granular products are cheaper at Home Depot that what they sell them for.

That being said, they do carry everything a landscaper could need from mowers to chemicals. Most people do seem to be happy with their service. I just had a couple of bad experiences.

I do most of my business with UHS. You can check them out at www.uhsonline. For chemicals they will usually deliver.

GrassBlaster
02-29-2004, 10:06 PM
I think mow2nd was saying find some other local dealer. Something other than Lesco

mow2nd
02-29-2004, 10:10 PM
I think Lesco is a good company, but if you got somebody in your local area, I would use them. My dad has been with Lesco for more than 20 something years. I go to a different dealer, mainly because all my equipment is Husqvarna, and I have a great relationship with my dealer.

nelbuts
03-01-2004, 12:08 AM
Honestly ti depends on who is running the Service Center. I won't buy the mowers cause they do not have a full time mechnic. I have some of their spreaders and buy their fert. They are right behind my shop. Works great for me. Are they the lowest prices? Not always but they do have good quality and isn't that what all you professionals preach?
:D

DUSTYCEDAR
03-01-2004, 12:30 AM
poor guy i have within 15 min of me
go on a rainy day or call and see when the r haveing there openhouse
it does all depend on who is running the store some r great some stink
i have a good dealer

bastalker
03-01-2004, 02:34 AM
I would definately find a dealer close to you, an see how reputable they are. A 3 hour drive is a haul to start having problems with equipment. I am sure there are other brand name dealers closer to you.

Lesco handles everything from fert to equipment, an accesories. I have one 10 minutes from my house, an they treat me pretty good.. I also have Scag, Exmark, Toro, an Husky dealer 10 minutes from my house. I went with exmark, cause the dealer is awsome, an I have built a great repore with him....

65hoss
03-01-2004, 10:57 AM
I buy all my seed, fertilizer, lime, etc from lesco. The one in my area is good. The guys in charge of it are easy to work with.

Lux Lawn
03-01-2004, 11:18 AM
I buy a lot from Lesco they seem to have good prices.They have great prices on blades for all different mowers and edgers,but I don't think I would dive 3 hours to get to one.

odin
03-01-2004, 01:08 PM
the one here has seed fert pestcides fungicides mowers ..spray tanks ...kawasaki two cycle equipment ...pretty good amont of parts for the mowers and two cycle stuf.

i buy seed... fert ...weed killers etc etc

P&C Lawn Care
03-01-2004, 01:43 PM
Are these the same Lesco people who sell fertilizer at Home Depot? Do they sell to the general public or do you have to have an account with them? We have one here in the city now but have never been there.

Tony Clifton
03-01-2004, 03:10 PM
I wouldnt make the 3 hr drive, but I would use them especially if there isnt anybody in your area to buy supplies from. We just had a Lesco center open in my town but until this year we had all of our supplies shipped in by lesco. The sales eprson that I dealt with would actually come to my area once a week and drop off whatever I needed so that we wouldnt have to pay for shipping, As far as their pricing goes, it is based on volume,,,just like your irrigation supplier. The more you buy, the less you pay.

mow2nd
03-01-2004, 03:11 PM
P&C - Yes, it is the same Lesco, they went public about 3 years ago, which I think was a big mistake. They have some products now at home depot, but they cost more than going to actual store. It is also a pain in the A** when you go to a Lesco dealer and a home owner is in there asking 10 million questions.

Things were much better when they kept home owners away, but things have changed. I stopped going to Lesco a few years back. One day I was in there going to get 2 palets of Fert, but some homeowner was taking up my time, so I left, never went back. If they wanna sell one bag at a time to home owners I guess thats fine with me.........but honestly, I dont understand Lesco

Scraper
03-01-2004, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by DUSTYCEDAR

i have a good dealer

"had"....I'll edit for you. LOL

walker-talker
03-01-2004, 04:01 PM
I have bought my 200 gallon sprayer, spreader and leaf loader from my lesco. Service will vary from dealer to dealer. Prices on chemical are decent, but can find better deals on seed and fertilizer. Not worth the 3 drive....not IMHO.

Ground Effects NH
03-01-2004, 04:29 PM
n1alx
I have been to the Manchester store (IMO) small store, just south of me. Not a bad store the guy's are very informative like all lesco stores, Have a good supply of thing mowers, tools, etc but if you do go call ahead ,have stopped before an they were pretty thin on stuff. Fert & seed always loaded if you need it they will have it.

DUSTYCEDAR
03-01-2004, 04:54 PM
here today opps fired today o well ;)