PDA

View Full Version : Purchasing a new zrt this week.Is this a good price?

some
02-29-2004, 11:42 PM
I started out last season with a brand new scag 48" w/b belt drive. Excellant machine.

I feel i have enough lawns to justify the purchase of the rider.I want to go after large er properties 1 acre+. It will also be good for fall clean ups with the vac and ability for the leaf plow.

Here is what i want: new scag turf tiger
61" deck
29HP kawisaki DFI

Dealer said list price is $11,200. Promo is $10,400. I got him down to $9699 and he said he will waive the set up fee.

Fabric bag vac for $1,999
JRCO 60" dethatcher front mount $500.

I live in CT and am a solo operator that is looking for about 30+ accounts. My lawns vary from small and hilly to wide open flat. I thought it would be good to use the w/b as back up,or a helper could run it if i get rained out to catch up.

Does this sound like a decent price for the mower?

Thanks,Shawn

bastalker
03-01-2004, 01:56 AM
Sounds like a fair price to me Shawn....Good luck to you..

John Gamba
03-01-2004, 08:02 AM
Look at the wildcat. It shorter and not as heavy as the the tiger.
John

some
03-02-2004, 01:08 AM
Actually i was after the tiger cub,until i compared the specs to the turf tiger. I worked for another lawn service for a couple of weeks back in sept and got to use his tt for the first time (never operated a z till then) picked up real quick on it and thought tis would be good for my lawns.

The wild cat has the kohler engine. My w/b has a kawi.Kinda wanted to standardize. If i got the tiger cub or wild cat, i would not be happy with it,wish i had the full size with the DFI engine.

Exmark seems pretty good,but no kawi engine.

Later,Shawn

bastalker
03-02-2004, 04:11 AM
Originally posted by some

Exmark is full of kawasaki engines.....

Go to www.exmark.com an see for yourself..

scannon
03-02-2004, 06:59 AM
I just found the same machine, except the mower was brought back with 20 hrs. then used for demo for 86 hrs. Dealer said he would warranty the unit as new for 7300.00. I think that the unit had a Kholer command on it.

John Gamba
03-02-2004, 07:48 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by some
[B]Actually i was after the tiger cub,until i compared the specs to the turf tiger. I worked for another lawn service for a couple of weeks back in sept and got to use his tt for the first time (never operated a z till then) picked up real quick on it and thought tis would be good for my lawns.

The wild cat has the kohler engine. My w/b has a kawi.Kinda wanted to standardize. If i got the tiger cub or wild cat, i would not be happy with it,wish i had the full size with the DFI engine.

Later,Shawn

Shawn
Can you demo a lazer z? I'd like to get your opinion. Where are you in new england??
John

some
03-02-2004, 08:00 AM
Hey John,I already made up my ming on the turf tiger.Time is running out,the snow and ice are almost gone and i got to get going on my plans and set up for the season.Im ordering the machine with a de-thatcher on the front. I plan on pushing this service. I have a few jobs lined up already.

Im in CT. Newtown.

I am leaving for trailer depot in East Haven to pick up my new big tex.

From what i have been reading here,you are from East Haven as well?

I will be there for a while,getting brake controller installed,and some wiring.

Shawn

John Gamba
03-02-2004, 08:09 AM
[B]Hey John,I already made up my ming on the turf tiger.Time is running out,the snow and ice are almost gone and i got to get going on my plans and set up for the season.Im ordering the machine with a de-thatcher on the front. I plan on pushing this service. I have a few jobs lined up already.

Im in CT. Newtown.

I am leaving for trailer depot in East Haven to pick up my new big tex.

From what i have been reading here,you are from East Haven as well?

I will be there for a while,getting brake controller installed,and some wiring.

Shawn

No i'm in north bloomfield

Hay if we have a wet spring like last year or if the grass is really growing demo a lazer i would like your opinion.
I hope you have a great season!!!
John

some
03-02-2004, 08:16 AM
Hey John,
I tried to demo an exmark last year and the dealers around me would either say no way on the demo,or not return my call.

My local scag dealer also carried Exmark. He dropped them because they were not selling as well as the scags were.

Im sure the Exmark is a good machine,its just that everyone i know thats in this business has scag.Hardly ever see an Exmark on a trailer go by.

Hope you have a great season as well.

Shawn

John Gamba
03-02-2004, 08:24 AM
[B]Hey John,
I tried to demo an exmark last year and the dealers around me would either say no way on the demo,or not return my call.

My local scag dealer also carried Exmark. He dropped them because they were not selling as well as the scags were.

Im sure the Exmark is a good machine,its just that everyone i know thats in this business has scag.Hardly ever see an Exmark on a trailer go by.

Hope you have a great season as well.

Shawn

yeah they had dealer problems down there. The only thing you see up here is Exmarks.
John