PDA

View Full Version : Husky Zero Turn?

keegan99usa
03-01-2004, 03:01 PM
OK guys
I have tried out the John Deere zero turn and was impressed although I could not cut grass here in Wisconsin. My question is this. For a homeowner with 3 acres, is the 727 too much mower? I have a local dealer here with a Husqvarna CZ4817 with a bager for $3499. This sound good? The JD was $6700. I'm not gonna run this 8 hrs a day 5 days /week, so is this a mower I could live with? They also have a GTH2254XP witha 22 HP kaw, and 54" deck that looks good for about $3000 with a mulcher. Should I be looking closely at these or shy away from them? I loved the ZTR JD, so did my wife. She would rather go with something like that, but $2200 is a bunch if a homeowner woud not see the benefit from the JD. I aslo am getting prices on a skag, Great Dane, and Airens. All opinions would help!
Keegan

keegan99usa
03-01-2004, 04:25 PM
Bum to top

What no opinions on the Husky line?

mow2nd
03-01-2004, 04:29 PM
you get my pm?

If you like the Zero Turns then go with the CZ4817.

It is not a commerical mower, but again you not cutting as much as we are.................it's a good mower for homeowners

keegan99usa
03-01-2004, 04:39 PM
I got your Pm. Thanks for the reply. I see they make an IZ witha a Kaw 17HP engine, but that one is $2300 more. Hard to belive it's just in the engine.

mow2nd
03-01-2004, 06:05 PM
Well, probably built better. Check out the decks on the mowers. The homeowner decks are usually not as strong as commercial decks. That has something to do with price also

JDRep2
03-01-2004, 07:26 PM
Keegan
If you can wait any longer JD just upgraded the seat on the old 727 you ran. They've also made a number of component improvements to the fuel tanks, foot well, and hydro motor design.

Aaron Marshall
03-01-2004, 07:36 PM
STAY AWAY FROM the HUSKY! I had a 6126 EFI this summer/early fall, I went through two hydro pumps in 30 hours!!!! I got smart and traded it in for a Walker! I used to sell Husky/ stihl stuff at a dealer, I love my Husky chain saw, but I will never buy another mower form them again. It scalped horribly. Husky doesn't even make thier own mowers, they have some other company do it and then they slap thier name on it. Just my advice... also check your PM, i'll send you one.

kmeforou
03-01-2004, 09:12 PM
I would stay away from Husky too. From what I have seen, the only good products they make are their blowers and their chain saws and you need to know which ones you are buying or you will not be happy. I would not pick Ariens either, since their track record is not the best. I have had a Great Dane and it was junk. John Deere bought Great Dane and I do not know if any improvements have been made. My recommendation would either be the Skagg or a Gravely. Look at the shutes on the one you choose. The two I mentioned disperse grass very well and my Dane did not. Hope this helps.

mow2nd
03-01-2004, 09:46 PM
well, I been using husky for 3 years, and they been good to me. I did have a pump go out on me, but that's covered under warranty.