PDA

View Full Version : Back to work!

Turfdude
03-01-2004, 05:25 PM
Well, I finally got back to work today, & boy did it feel good! Now by later tonite, the aches and pains will have started, but I should still have a smile on my face. I had 5 others start today, 2 more f/t next Monday & a part timer 2 days a week next week to. Man does it feel good!:cool:

bastalker
03-01-2004, 05:38 PM
I am with ya Bob, We start this weekend with the spring cleanups, an mulching. Would start earlier, but its going to be pretty wet this week. My body already hurts just tkinkin about it. After a week of it though, it will be just fine.

I'm startin to get that warm fuzzy feeling all over me again!!

mdb landscaping
03-01-2004, 05:56 PM
where are you located bastalker? we still have some snow and ice in places. we are still in the winter pruning mode, but getting the mulch blower and spring cleanup equipment all ready. good luck. i know what you mean abou the aches and pains.........it does go away over a period of time.

bastalker
03-01-2004, 05:59 PM
SE shore.... Groton, New London area. I am surprised you guys still have snow. The only snow here are the big nasty lookin piles that were made in parking lots...

bobbygedd
03-01-2004, 06:22 PM
started prepping for a small retaining wall today. sweating my azz off. i don't know, this diggin stuff aint nothin like lifting weights. it's 6:15 and i'm feelin the aches already

Scape Sculptor
03-01-2004, 09:36 PM
I too was able to start working today. It sure feels good. :cool2:

Tharrell
03-01-2004, 09:50 PM
I got arm pump from (shudder) raking. It's the only way to get those magnolia 'chillins up. For those of you that speak yankee, 'chillins are what I call those seed pods.

mtdman
03-01-2004, 11:04 PM
What the heck are you guys doing already??

twwlawn
03-01-2004, 11:23 PM
I got started this pass weekend cleaning up lawns. I don't know where them leaves came from, the lawns were clean last fall when I left them and the tree's were empty too.

Let it Grow
03-01-2004, 11:24 PM
I've been sore for the last two weeks. It's hard to get my body back into shape after a pretty lazy winter. It feels sooo good though, just knowing that work is coming, and before long it will be 105 degrees!!!

dkeisala
03-01-2004, 11:26 PM
We start back to work tomorrow. Phone is ringing and grass is growing. Already have jobs backed up a few days since we have to take care of our regular maintenance clients first.

jt5019
03-01-2004, 11:35 PM
Rumor has it, we may be seeing ice and snow next week in connecticut. I dont think anyone will be getting far with spring clean ups here.

bastalker
03-02-2004, 03:30 AM
Originally posted by jt5019
Rumor has it, we may be seeing ice and snow next week in connecticut. I dont think anyone will be getting far with spring clean ups here.

Yeah like they said it was gonna rain tonight an tomarow..Man if i could reach you with this tire iron, you would be passed out till june!!!!!!!!;) ;) :eek:

The weathermen dont have any idea of what they are talkin about!! Thats my story an I'm stickin to it.......