Been looking for a used 72" mower, found a 2000 Bunton 3310
with 31 H. Dihatsu engine . Any body use these ? What can
you tell me about them? Thanks Dick

mow2nd
03-01-2004, 06:27 PM
they dont sell to many of them..................thats all i can tell you

Outback Designz
03-01-2004, 06:38 PM
The part I know. Bunton use to a good mower in this area. Most companies used them. Part I am unsure about. Bunotn was bought out a few years ago by bobcat I believe. Since then the mower quailty cause gone downhill. Making cheaper mowers...I.E.. stamped decks.

kenslandscaping
03-01-2004, 06:54 PM
Bunton and Bobcat are both owned by textron and have been for almost 30 years. What textron has bought out is steiner and a few others. This is the same company that makes much of the golf course equipment in jacobsen and ransomes. I have a bobcat zt200 and three bobcat walk behinds and a jacobsen turfcat and I wouldn't run anyting but a textron. Great equipment, and with a diesel it will go forever.

Ken

MacLawnCo
03-01-2004, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by Outback Designz
stamped decks.

Thats is nonsense. Every bobcat/bunton deck is welded, not stamped

Tharrell
03-02-2004, 08:49 AM
I worked at a mower shop last year and delivered one of those big Buntons to a residential customer out in the country. It's an incredibly big mower. You better have a wide trailer and a stout truck to pull it. I recommend an equipment type trailer. It's a very good mower and has more bells and whistles than you can imagine. It has electric deck lift because it's very heavy. This homeowner wasted a 48 rider doing his yard but he over bought with this thing. Stamped deck? I wish people who don't know would just not post. No offense, but accurate info is more important than posting numbers.

Five Star Lawn Care LLC
03-02-2004, 09:06 AM
a big company out my way probably has about 8-10 of the big desil buntons...they allways at least have one up at the mower shop at a time...and this company does alot of in house repairs they ussually just sent out the big stuff....i would go Dixie Chopper, they are the most reliable peices of equipment you could ever buy.

Outback Designz
03-02-2004, 10:27 AM
To the couple of you who do not read post well. Let me help you. I said "THE PART I AM UNSURE OF." I wish all of the negative poeple on here would not post. Keep this a friendly place. Not a who's is bigger area.

Five Star Lawn Care LLC
03-02-2004, 01:38 PM
you just confused the heck out of me...i dont think anyone what posting negatively...you just made an honest mistake and someone corected you...no harm done

If anything you were in the wrong for trying to bash a product you didnt even know that well...im not a fan of textron either but i do think they make a good product and have for a long time...I

If your going to bash something at least get the facts straight.

The Lawn Boy Pro
03-02-2004, 02:04 PM
Theres a guy here in Waterford that has a company called "GRANDVIEW LANDSCAPING" and runs buntons. He loves them, and I think they ride pretty smooth myself. As for the bells and wistles, yeah, they sure have a few hundred of em LOL:p

The Lawn Boy Pro
03-02-2004, 02:11 PM
Ah yes, TEXTRON owns:

-Jacobsen
-Cushman
-Ryan
-Bob-Cat
-Bunton
-Jacobsen (CGC)
-Brouwer

Thats all I can think of right now. I think that's all of the companies that they own as far as the Green Industry goes. If you look at a Jacobsen, a Bunton, and a Bob-Cat all at the same time, you'll notice that just about the only difference is the color. Thats how much the same they all are. If you like a bunton, you'd be better of buying a Bob-Cat as they are priced significantly less, but have the same overall features.

Bunton Guy
03-02-2004, 03:16 PM
The mower has its flaws...for one the hydros are on the small side and have had boiling over problems. The fuel filter that they come with from the factory disintegrated while sitting in storage and plugs up the fuel injectors. Its a sturdy motor that really puts out power and will last you easily 5K hours but it has its small problems that keep it in the shop for its share of time. IMO the deck is made of poor design I have seen countless repairs done to those decks with under a years use. New they go for $8,200 Which is cheap for its size engine and deck.