PDA

View Full Version : estimates: itemized or total package deal?

Doster's L & L
03-01-2004, 08:35 PM
This is my first year to do total lawn care. I have sold total lawn care to someone that i itemized everything, but there are more potential clients that are in limbo. The 4 are interested in one of my services more than the other services. I try to tell them that all are as important as the other, but they are interested only in weed control. Would i sell more total lawn care if i sold my services as a package deal? Thanks for your help!

rogerslawn
03-01-2004, 08:42 PM
we don't itemize it tens to scare them away.

cklands
03-01-2004, 08:43 PM
Personally I can't see the purpose in only doing weed control. What's the point of killing the weeds if you aren't going to fert the lawn and get it to fill in.
The LCO that I use to do my fert programs will do seperate apps but charges a lot more for the aggrevation. He gives a quote or the package and only itemizes it if they ask. Tell the customer that you can do better on the price if you are putting down all the apps you offer. It is much easier to schedule and you can make more money with less accounts. Hope this helps. Good Luck

dfor
03-01-2004, 08:45 PM
I wouldn't itemize unless they asked for it. It is usually the whole package that they are interested in.

MOW ED
03-02-2004, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by cklands
Personally I can't see the purpose in only doing weed control. What's the point of killing the weeds if you aren't going to fert the lawn and get it to fill in.

I am not being critical but I do ONLY do weed control for a few customers without applying fertilizer. These customers have many acres of grass that they cut and they are not interested in applying pesticides. They like to apply fertilizer on their own and quite frankly that is fine with me.
I will tell you that if I said I have to do all apps they would be giving over a grand of work to someone else who would do what I do.
Don't sew yourself into one way of thinking. It will limit your income. Good Luck

Doster's L & L
03-02-2004, 10:30 AM
Thanks for all your responses. I kinda share your ideas on this subject, MOW ED. I am new at the total lawn care so i want to do all that i can do for the ones that are interested in my services. I think what i'm gonna do is just give a total package price and tell them what all that includes. If they want only one service or another, then i'll give them a total price for that.