PDA

View Full Version : Sand Clean-up

GreenMonster
03-01-2004, 08:29 PM
To those guys in the snowy regions, what are you guys using to clean up winter sand, from parking lots & grassy areas?

Power Broom on ZTR or w/b
Bobcat w/sweeper
backpack blowers
truck vacs
others?

JDRep2
03-01-2004, 08:33 PM
Mark
Can't say I what I've used, but what I have seen. It depends mostly on the job. If you're running something that can accept a broom right now, that's your best option. Blowers are usually last just because they're hard to control with bystanders around.
You're really going to have to have some serious area to clear to justify a truck/utility vechile vac.

myoder
03-01-2004, 09:34 PM
I use a shindawia powerbroom

gene gls
03-01-2004, 09:42 PM
I run a 40" power brush that has a 5.5 Honda in all areas that it will fit and a Shindawia power broom with the rubber paddles in the tight areas.

Gene

GTLC
03-01-2004, 09:45 PM
I am planning on getting a power sweeper attachment for my Stihl FS 85.

slplow
03-01-2004, 10:36 PM
I use to rent a pick up sweeper for my skidsteer and would also use my power-broom and back packs.
This year I sold all my commercials straight salt .So no more breathing sand and burning my eyes. I think I will allso retain more workers. ( they don't seem to last cleaning sand) So fare from what I have heard, my cliants will never let any body put mix down again.
I now will have more time to do other jobs that I would rather do.

General Grounds
03-01-2004, 10:37 PM
:blob3: i put a sweeper broom and bucket on my CAT skid steer, i do the entire lot myself on a sunday when nobodies around takes about 3 hours.

rob1325
03-01-2004, 11:03 PM
I have a Athey street sweeper (holds 3 yards) for where I can get into, also have 6' 3 point broom behind my tractor, and 3' for my ariens, lastly couple shindawia power brooms along with back packs. I use them all where applicable. In couple weeks maybe will take some pics in action.