PDA

View Full Version : Multiple gas station accounts

Timbo
03-01-2004, 09:27 PM
Has anyone had experience with gas stations. I got a tip to place a bid for 17 local area gas stations to be mowed every week, mulch twice a year and bushes twice a year. I basically have an idea of what I want to charge them, just wondering what other companies thought. Is it a pain to get payments? Should I charge extra to pick up trash? I know it will always be there. Should I charge for each one individually or as a total package for all of it? Any opinions would help. Thanks.

Bond's Lawn Keepers
03-01-2004, 09:41 PM
I do 15 gas stations. One man owns five of them so i send him one bill at the end of month. He pays right then when he gets bill. The other gas stations, i have to bill them one at a time. The These are year round accounts and so i do have to bill monthy.. We pick trash and blow entire parking lots too. Good luck, most of our customers pay within ten days because after ten days I charge a late fee of $25.00.. This does the job all the time. They don't like it but it works.

willyB
03-01-2004, 11:15 PM
Timbo,
Good luck with your bid! I don't know what to charge them, but your name and logo is really cool!

impactlandscaping
03-01-2004, 11:53 PM
We do 8 for one company here.We bill at the end of each month(30-31st), and usually get paid within three weeks.I itemize the bill with the charges for each location as identified by their store numbers-this makes it easier to track rather as "store 71" as opposed to "the station at the end of town", etc..We charge a late fee after 21 days, and have had no problems so far going into the fourth season for this company.Garbage pickup is an extra charge above the mowing, is in the contract, and ranges from $ 10.00-30.00 per week, per location.Get some EZ reachers and some Chapps bags for debris, as well as bags for your WBs and Z's.Saves a lot of time, a lot...

Timbo
03-02-2004, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by willyB
Timbo,
Good luck with your bid! I don't know what to charge them, but your name and logo is really cool!

Thanks willyB! Where in Dayton are you? Maybe we could help each other out over the mowing season. Any ideas on where to go for a new truck?:cool:

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
03-02-2004, 03:27 AM
"Good luck, most of our customers pay within ten days because after ten days I charge a late fee of $25.00.. This does the job all the time." How can you say you can charge a late fee? I would think you would have to somehow legalize that kind of statement. Plus how many people would actually pay a late fee? From what I have seen/experienced, your lucky if you can get people to pay the amount they agreed on in the first place, without questioning/complaing.

upsondown
03-02-2004, 06:49 AM
We charge a 2.5% late fee - plus a $25.00 bookkeeping fee if the accounts are not paid on time. Perfectly legal and does the trick in collections.

Mdirrigation
03-02-2004, 07:58 AM
The minute the work is completed and a bill is sent , you have basically given the customer a loan. Its your money in the customers pocket . Just like a credit card bill , you pay the total balance on time , no intrest . But if you are late or take too long you are charged intrest and late fees. The terms should be stated on your invoice and your bill, its legal , and perfectly acceptable and good business practice.