PDA

View Full Version : Hustler SuperZ-May try and sell

kmeforou
03-01-2004, 10:55 PM
I am comtemplating selling my 60" SuperZ. If I remember correctly it has between fifty and seventy hours on it. It was purchased in the last part of 2002. If I opt to sell, what would be a good price for it.

swim
03-01-2004, 11:03 PM
I'm not sure about the price you should sell it for, but am very interested to know why you are selling it. Are you not satisfied with its performance?

What size engine does it have?

I would think that it is worth between $6000 and $7000.

lawnrangers
03-01-2004, 11:12 PM
i am kinda like SWIM,very interested to know why you are selling it?

kmeforou
03-01-2004, 11:41 PM
I am not happy with its performance. It does a good job when you do not have very thick grass, otherwise it bunches up. If you look at their shute, you will see that it is much narrower than Toro;, Exmark;Skag; and Gravely. I tested an Exmark, after buying this(my mistake) and I was able to do three forths of an acre in about twelve minutes less time. I even have one yard that I mow each week and the bermuda is so thick in parts that I have to take a blower and blow some of the grass into the ground. This statement may seem to be incorrect, but is true.

Metro Lawn
03-02-2004, 12:50 AM
I can't say for sure, but I think there may be some differences in turf between our areas. Before you give up on the machine, try running double high lifts. I get about 15 to 20 feet of clipping discharge using this method. Never a problem with clumping ect.

stevo22
03-02-2004, 01:37 AM
i think about $1000 oughtta do the trick...will you bring it to me or do i need to pick it up???:)

imograss
03-02-2004, 10:09 AM
I'm with metro lawn on this one. I don't have any cut quality issues, but I have been running doubles since late spring for the super blower effect.

kmeforou
03-03-2004, 12:34 AM
Thank you for your imput. If my dealer does not have the high lift doubles, where can I get them?

brucec32
03-03-2004, 09:18 AM
this is definitely not the first time I've heard this "complaint" about Hustler decks.

I still say the hype about mowing speeds over 10mph is just that, hype, unless you're in low grade mowing situations or cutting off the tips.

P&J Lawncare
03-05-2004, 02:44 AM
go to www.j-thomas.com

Get the Bobcat highlift offset blades part number bo-21. The bobcat blades are the same blades as hustler but the width is smaller and the blades are lighter so you can run doubles easier.

mbricker
03-05-2004, 02:51 AM
I've never run a Hustler or looked at the underside of a Hustler deck. But sure can testify that some insignificant looking little features in the baffles, etc. make all the difference in the world. If you haven't tried different style blades, do that before you give up on the machine.

As for your statement about thick Bermuda, that's the main reason I usually bag Bermuda lawns, except during the slow growth part of the season.