PDA

View Full Version : different contracts for different customers?

bobbygedd
03-02-2004, 09:59 AM
do you change/modify your contract for pita factor? what if you got a new client who you really had a bad feeling about. would you change the terms of your standard contract to cover any problems this guy may give u?

bobbygedd
03-02-2004, 01:50 PM
33 veiws, no replies, and i'm on the second page. now that's a first

TreffertLawnWrx
03-02-2004, 02:57 PM
Bobby, I'll help a brutha out. I dont use contracts! Ok, I know thats not what you wanted to hear but all of my previous costomers pre-pay and they love it! Any new customer, I present myself and my services and if they have any questions i hand the my "bread and butter". Its a list of customer who told me that they may be used as referrals. I tell them to please call and ask as many questions as they would like. If they havent written a check by the time I leave then I'll usually get a call that night telling me its in the mail.
This may sound like i'm tooting my own horn but i feel its the easiest, as long as remember to manage my money correctly.

Others that may not want to prepay I dont offer a 10% discount to. Before I tell them about the 10% I tell them the price for service, that way they dont think youre screwing them.

So after all that, no i dont use different contracts. lol

cush
03-03-2004, 10:48 AM
I always tailor my contracts to the prospective client. A good contract should protect both parties about equally. If you think they will be a PITA then make sure the contract makes them a little vulnerable.