PDA

View Full Version : Just Starting Out

MikesLS
03-02-2004, 01:47 PM
Hey Guys :
Well what I want to know is it possible to do this without any helpers?
I worked full time last year and did ok:( But is it impossible to
make it with out a helper?
Are there any Owner Operator's out there ,with any suggestions?

mow2nd
03-02-2004, 02:35 PM
YES!!! you can make it without a helper. How many accounts do you have? You should be able to maintain 50 accounts by yourself. Depending on what all your doing, If you are just cutting then that would be easy

Now if you are trimming shrubs, mulching, pine needles, Fertilizing, and all kinds of other work, you would probably need a helper

Green Gopher
03-02-2004, 04:47 PM
Mr. Happy Grass,

I do great on own my own, I don't think you will ever be the biggest or richest, but you may enjoy yourself a whole lot more.

"Mr. Happy Grass" I wouldn't put that on my card if I were you, you may have your local police looking at your name or business a little closer. Just kidding:D

MikesLS
03-02-2004, 05:04 PM
Mow2nd:
Hey thanx 4 reply,well last yr i did it all and it got rough ,
this yr mite just ,mow and go, No landscaping or garden tilling
but last yr it helped pay the bills.

Green Gopher :
Thanx for the reply, Well i wouldn`t put that on my card,my
grandson was here while i set up act. and he calls me that,I
guess I can`t wipe the smile off my face.:D

Joe25
03-02-2004, 06:28 PM
My good friend and I own and operate our business. Between the two of us we handled all the lawns ourselves. During fall cleanups, and landscaping, I have 3 helpers. There is no way I could have gotten through some of the cleanups without additional help.

MikesLS
03-02-2004, 08:53 PM
Joe 25
Hey thanks,now my question is are they on payroll,or do you
just pay them cash?
I`m just thinkin about taxes ,comp,insurance and whatever?

Joe25
03-02-2004, 09:12 PM
Last year, I paid them cash, but this year they are going to go on the payroll, because they will be working more and I don't want to leave myself open to any problems, like if they get hurt or whatever.