PDA

View Full Version : every other week

fullburn
03-02-2004, 03:48 PM
What's your opinion on every other week customers an how to you handle pricing them. I often thought about dumping them, more trouble keeping track of than its worth

Lawn Dog2001
03-02-2004, 03:52 PM
I charge more for bimonthly customers. It is a pain in the behind. I try hard not to take any on.

mow2nd
03-02-2004, 03:53 PM
Charge $10 more than weekly, just because you may have to double cut. I don't mind biweekly customers. I put them on schedule just like any other customer.

Those people I never really here from. Plus I'm getting more to cut their grass. I just cut them every 14 days.

Now the ones that Fertilize. those are a pain, I just tell them I gotta do it every week. But the crappy yards. they usually ain't that bad

KenH
03-02-2004, 04:35 PM
Its easier/cheaper for them, harder for you.

I cut thier lawns on my terms, not theirs.

locutus
03-02-2004, 05:08 PM
Twelve dollars more and no raking/bagging/double-cutting. If there are too many clippings then I'm not mowing often enough.

Lux Lawn
03-02-2004, 05:37 PM
I have one customer that I do every other week he is a snowplowing customer as well.Usually I do not do this because of the obvious hassles but his grass doesn't grow much and know fertilizer but a lot of leaves for clean-up and thats were we make the money on him.

LB Landscaping
03-02-2004, 05:49 PM
They can be a PITA to schedule but if they are willing to pay extra we do them.

capescaper
03-02-2004, 06:21 PM
try some weekly,bi-weekly,and some ten day ones

cklands
03-02-2004, 06:23 PM
Try not to take them. If I have to I charge them a lot more.

MN Wildwood
03-02-2004, 06:27 PM
We charge a $5.00 sur-charge, thinking of increasing it, but we only have 2 customers like this. In terms of dispersing clippings we only do a quick walk around which on a normal mowed weekly lawn takes care of everything, but on every other week mowings still leaves a few areas, the service is the same and takes the same amount of time, its just a scheduling headache.

lawnlubber
03-02-2004, 07:53 PM
I have a few like that. I tell them I can't schedule their mowing with my others, weekly clients get priority, but if they call I can get it in within a couple days. Many new clients are suspicious of contracts that will make them pay for mowing during a drought. Offering them the option of deciding when the lawn needs mowing gets them signed up. Most of them shift to a regular schedule when they see me pull up at the neighbors' every Monday.

grass_cuttin_fool
03-02-2004, 09:03 PM
i have a couple of every other weekers but they are yards with no fertlizer and they dont grow very fast. There are a lot of trees and the yard is shadey and the grass is slow growing. But some good $$$ made on leaves in the fall

Kelly's Landscaping
03-02-2004, 09:48 PM
When I do have them I alternate the schedual so its nearly the same amount of work each week just a differnt group of every other weekers. I don't mine that at all if its a weak lawn or shaded and I know it doesnt grow much then np. If its a thick lawn then they can go to find some one else I'm not killing myself to dave some cheap skate a few dollars

Pecker
03-02-2004, 09:54 PM
It goes down pretty well here, unless we are talkin' really healthy St. Augustine. I actually have quite a few every other weekers. If I would charge $40 per cut at a weekly rate, I up it to $50 or $55 per cut every other week (that does not include a double cut and I don't even own a bagger. . .higher price is for wear and tear and scheduling).

dkeisala
03-02-2004, 09:59 PM
Won't do it - it's all or nothing with me. How do you load your schedule to the maximum but then have to squeeze in the bi-monthly accounts? Besides, I only want clients that take enough pride in their landscape to have it maintained the way a landscape should be maintained.

I tell my clients "my level of committment to your landscape will match your level of committment to your landscape". If someone could give a cr*p about how their place looks, I don't even want my truck parked in front of it. Let the scrubs take care of those lawns.

EastProLawn
03-02-2004, 10:03 PM
$10.00 more per cut, and if I see that the grass is getting out of hand it goes up to $15.00 per cut, have not had a problem yet. Most of the time these are the easier ones to do, they just want their grass cut. It's mow & blow. No edging or outrageous trimming.

Metro Lawn
03-02-2004, 10:08 PM
I add an even 50% for bi-weekly. $40.00 weekly is $60.00 every 2 weeks.

impactlandscaping
03-02-2004, 10:50 PM
It's not even an option in our agreement anymore.Every 7 days is the only lawn we will do.The ones who were on 10 days or 14 all switched except one 2 years ago.Too much scheduling conflict with rain, etc. , and some were in the same neighborhoods.Going back to do 2-3 lawns per neighborhood 3 days later was too much. It works out great now..

mtdman
03-02-2004, 11:45 PM
I had a few every other weekers left after last year, mostly veteran customers. They all got dumped. I don't do estimates for every other week clients anymore. There are few lawns that actually only need to be cut every 2 weeks. And on top of that, eow customers are cheap. I don't want them.