PDA

View Full Version : ferris sulfate?

trying 2b organic
03-02-2004, 08:35 PM
Need help quick. What is ferris sulfate? My supplier has it in powder form that you mix with water and spray to treat moss. Is it the same as iron, what exactly is it? Is it organic?

My business trys to be organic (from natural sources) where possible. I need to know if i can call it organic. As I was typing this a representative of the government (Canada) emailed me to say that it is on our exempted list and I can sell it as moss control and apply it without a licence. ty

locutus
03-02-2004, 08:47 PM
I think copper sulfate is more effective for that. Ferris sulfate sounds like something for chlorophyl production.

Let it Grow
03-02-2004, 08:47 PM
Yea it's iron. I don't know if it would be considered organic or not. It seems like it would because it's a natural element with nothing added to it, but I'm definitely not an expert.

trying 2b organic
03-02-2004, 08:54 PM
ty very much. Most here use ferrous sulfate so it must be the thing to use. Apparently its way better than what the homeowner can buy themselves and it looks like its application will be pure profit as cost per lawn for materials is very low.