PDA

View Full Version : Lawn Care Contract

kootoomootoo
03-02-2004, 09:16 PM
Guys. Just curious how you lay out (ie design / format) your lawn care contracts. Looking to change mine to something a bit easier for people to understand. If you want to be discreet you can email yours to coreaeration@yahoo.com. Thanks In advance.

Mike@Haines
03-07-2004, 11:05 PM
Ours is pretty simple. The top portion has a diagnosis area for soil compaction/acidity, shade/sun, turf density, weed variety (easy/tough) and mowing/watering notes (too high/low, too wet/dry).

Then a small section listing approximate sqft and difficulties (multiple pulls, etc.).

Then we have a list of services we provide with a brief explanation and spaces for the number of total apps, the timing (5-6 weeks apart/8 weeks, etc.) and the price.

We left a small section for personalized comments (mostly to address customers biggest concern) and then the signature area.

James Cormier
03-08-2004, 10:06 AM
Not sure if this comes out clear enough, buy here is our lawn estimate form, It goes inside a brochure that is left at the customers house when we do a estimate. 3 copies, top goes to customer 2nd goes into a file, 3rd is hard stock and becomes the customers call back card, then route card once sold

jnm4
03-08-2004, 06:06 PM
James-

Your form looks really nice! Did you have that professionally made? I'd like to know more...I'm about to make a bid on some church property and would like to make my proposal form look very professional.

Thanks
Joey

James Cormier
03-08-2004, 07:39 PM
Yeh, a local printer did it for me, I did the lay out on Microsoft publish it, and had them just copy the desgin, THere are stacks near every phone in the office and shop so when someone calls it gets fill out right away, I can also do it through the computer, or there are stacks all over my truck as well.

I think I paid $750 for 2500. Usually I use nebs for all my printing and they do custom stuff as well, but this local guy is a customer of ours so I figured I give him some work. Nebs is also a local company that started out small but are now huge.

I still use publish it for my 3 panel brochures, this season we may have them redone to newsletter size with a glossy finish. This would also be done by a printer.

rats5656
03-09-2004, 07:53 PM
what does you page brchure look like ?

kootoomootoo
03-09-2004, 11:47 PM
James Cormier....how does the customer select from your estimate the services they want. With mine theres an acceptance section so I have them initial and sign what they want.
I later send a confirmation with the option
to prepay.

James Cormier
03-10-2004, 03:04 PM
I only sell the 5 step program, if any of the optional services are wanted they just tell me, and back at the office it gets entered into there account. All my res work is done with a hand shake or a verable aggreement. Only commerical work has a signed contract and that is a different fourm.

New sales get the option to pre pay when they recieve their first treatment. current customers get that in the winter time. Right now my % of pre pays is around 75% and my cancel rate each year is below 6%

I use to have a fourm they would sign and I would sign but after awhile I relized people want to be trusted as well as they want to trust you. I feel in my case it just works better. Ive only been stiffed by a few customers ( less than $500.00 ) in the last 6 years. Most of the money i got stiffed on is when we did mowing.

DUSTYCEDAR
03-10-2004, 03:23 PM
i need a form like that
my form looks sad compared to that

James Cormier
03-11-2004, 10:04 AM
Not too sure how these will look, the postcard is front and back, I send these now

James Cormier
03-11-2004, 10:07 AM
Here is the 3 panel brochure I leave with all estimates, Sometimes I mail these as well, This is printed in house on a simple brochure program, Paper is from Paper direct, I have about 3k left so as soon as they are gone I will have this done by a pro, nice glossy paper.

James Cormier
03-11-2004, 10:11 AM
inside of brochure,

rats5656
03-11-2004, 07:02 PM
that is great thank you very much ..

DUSTYCEDAR
03-11-2004, 07:13 PM
very nice i need to put together something like that

rats5656
03-11-2004, 07:17 PM
if any one else has forms please shae with lawnsite .com

ksland
03-11-2004, 07:35 PM
Nice stuff James, looks great

James Cormier
03-11-2004, 07:37 PM
Dusty you should have been doing this all winter :)

I print up thousands of post cards during winter, some for spring mailings, some for grub control time and alot for late summer mailings for aeration and slice seeding.

My brochures are all printed and ready to go.

Although I find I get alot less done in winter since I discovered this internet stuff. I still gotta rebuild my slice seeder and fix one of the perma greens.

James Cormier
03-11-2004, 07:46 PM
Thanks K & S, Ive check out your site several times and read some of your posts on the L&L site. I like your logo against the black screen.

I think you where one of the ones that gave some advise to me when my site finally came up this winter. I believe you thought my logo was to "Logo ish " and several people thought the same.

It was desgined way back in 96 or 97 so yes it is time to redo it. Im waiting for samples from a company right now. When I get several to choose from I will post them for comments.

Ive been struggling to get red sox tickets for my wife, mothers day present every year was front row on the roof box right field. Going to talk with my accountant to see how much I can write off seasons tickets for next season. I figured I could get some bids if I stick a few sox tickets in with a lawn contract for some commercial bids.

kootoomootoo
03-25-2004, 07:32 AM
James Cormier I have a question,
On your price list you have normal apps @ $69 and grub apps @$57. Why the grub
so cheap or is it liquid grub with no fert.
I know a company about town which includes grub preventative for free and you know trugreen doubles the standard app. price for a grub app.

James Cormier
03-25-2004, 07:45 AM
My grub control is done with the 2nd treatment, I use a fert/merit combo product. I know alot of guys charge the same as a treatment for it, but I give a little discout cause I m there already.

So for that customer when I do rd 2 I leave a bill for $126.00 and only go over the lawn once.

TSM
03-25-2004, 04:08 PM
got a question for ya Cormier, your postcards, which look very nice by the way, ever have any problems with the post office?? they like postcards addressed on the right half of the card and nothing else in print on that half. I notice yours have the address right smack in the middle. just curious, our postcards loose a little 'advertising space' because of that post office rule. I will redesign them if you tell me you never had a problem with the USPS?

BTW, it may be to late now, I noticed the date of your post concerning your brouchures. You might want to check out
www.vistaprint.com

you can design your brochure on their web site, its very reasonably priced, high gloss paper, tri fold, we do our with them (our postcards as well) and they ship it out to you pretty quick as well.

James Cormier
03-25-2004, 05:17 PM
Thanks TSM,

Ive never had any problems at all with my postcards, Ive always used that format, I do them myself But I have noticed other postcards that look like you describe. Maybe it matters because of the rate I am paying ( .22 ) I think if I got a postale code I could save a little?? The most Ive mailed at once is maybe 1500 Im good friends with them girls down there so I will ask about it.....or maybe not, dont want to screw it up.

My tri-fold, yes I plan on upgrading that, For some unknown reason I bought 8,000 of those damm things from paper direct 2 years ago, there comming out of my ears. I already have a printer ( customer ) that is doing a nice 8.5x8.5 full glossy 4 page brochure. This will be for next season, when the big push comes.

Maybe I can sell some of those 3panel brochures to Dustyclear, I hear he needs some nice brochures :) :)

scweedman
03-26-2004, 07:33 AM
I use www.okcrown.com can't see anything own the site but you
can order a catalog. They send you a bunch of examples and you
make the changes for free.

spray guy
03-26-2004, 07:51 PM
James
I do basically the same thing except I charge the same amount for each service. Example if its a $50 normal charge for Round 3 which is mainly fertilizer plus weed control as needed, we charge an additional $50.00 for the Merit application. We make one pass over the lawn with fert/merit and receive $100 bucks.