PDA

View Full Version : can you believe this guy

draftlawncare
03-02-2004, 11:19 PM
I bidded on a Walmart two weeks got the job the bidding was really close manager calls tells me i have been awarded the contract . So i go to the store to fill out all the paper work and he tells me the guy that had the contract had it for 5 years and keeps going up on his price. so anyway the manager tells old lco he is going bid it out this year because of price increases later the manager calls the old lco tells him that he lost contract to me. HE tells the manager that we do $hitty work and that he will not be happy with us so the manager calls around checks us out everything comes back ok . manager said the old lco showed how much class he has and will not be called to bid again. I cant believe this guy would try some $hit like that i used to work with him years ago

STAN1366
03-02-2004, 11:26 PM
Maybe he was desperate at hearing that he'd lost a longtime contract and overreacted in bashing you. Let it go. Even though you know this guy and feel hurt by his comments, your good work will speak for itself. Good luck.

ElephantNest
03-02-2004, 11:27 PM
Dog eat dog world out there. Some days you wear milkbone underwear.

Glad to hear it worked out for you.

NCSULandscaper
03-02-2004, 11:27 PM
nothing but jealousy, dont let it bother you.

impactlandscaping
03-02-2004, 11:45 PM
The last desperate attempt of a deposed LCO, nothing more, nothing less. Your quality work will speak volumes above any potential haters out there. What is it they say? "Don't hate the player, hate the game"...Good luck with Wally Mart.You should have no trouble getting paid from them, I "donate" at least $ 400-500.00 a month to 'em!!:D

65hoss
03-03-2004, 12:40 AM
Get used to it. It will happen again. Thick skin as well as a strong body are needed for this business.

1stclasslawns
03-03-2004, 08:05 AM
First of all watch out for the manager at Wal-Mart, How DARE the other LCO go up on his price every year! Thats rediculus he should go down THEY are Wal-Mart!

It was crappy to down talk you thought the way he did.

jim

BOTURF
03-03-2004, 08:28 AM
I agree that the manager does not know alot about details of business as most prices on everything go up every year , and further more he shouldnt have told old lco who the new vendor was goingto be , hes playing you guys against each other . When we are called for a new bid first question is who is mowing it now and if we are friends with who ever is mowing it now we decline to bid , just a gentlemans agreement between a few lco here , a friendship is worth alot more than a 35 or 40 buck lawn jm2 cents

TURF DOCTOR
03-03-2004, 09:23 AM
Welcome to the world of yearly signed bids the suck.

Tyner Lawn Service
03-03-2004, 09:52 AM
WalMart works on huge volume so they expect it too. The guy should'nt have bad mouthed you. I get a kick out of going in a discount store like those and Targets and see all the terrible help they have and think I could'nt take this whole store out and do what I do in one day but they can hire for the most part sloppy help and when we go thru the checkout line to put up with poor service we just brush it off. Can you imagine if we sent that type of help to one of our customers? Big companies have it made that way. I see where the 4 Walmart relatives are worth $20 billion apiece! Like a guy said one day "The next time you go into WalMart and think your getting a good deal,your not. their worth billions and could still lower the price some"

Runner
03-04-2004, 08:29 PM
Just out odf curiosity, (if you don't mind me asking), what are the terms for payment with them? I mean, is it a 15 day net, billed monthly, or what? Thanks.
Boturf,
I love your reply with your policy. We are the same way up here.

pcnservices
03-04-2004, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by draftlawncare
HE tells the manager that we do $hitty work and that he will not be happy with us........ manager said the old lco showed how much class he has and will not be called to bid again.
Great lesson to be learned here:- NEVER bad mouth your opposition in front of clients!

PC

dvmcmrhp52
03-04-2004, 09:13 PM
True,very true.

Originally posted by pcnservices
Great lesson to be learned here:- NEVER bad mouth your opposition in front of clients!

PC

draftlawncare
03-07-2004, 10:43 PM
Runner its billed every month for 12 months the manager said turn around is about 1 1/2 week. I never heard the old lco complain he said they paid pretty fast . walmart just opened another store about 8 miles down the road from this i hope i get that 1 to 54 yards of mulch and three acres of grass

kootoomootoo
03-07-2004, 10:55 PM
Bit hard to do a crappy job if is just mowing. Just sit and steer.

tiedeman
03-07-2004, 10:58 PM
yup, never bad mouth your competition, because it will get back at you somehow.

dlandscaping
03-08-2004, 12:17 AM
Same thing happened here. I worked with a guys company for 2 years until i was 16 and didnt have the time anymore. I handled some of his smaller snow people since i didnt have a plow on my truck. One client had wanted us to do her grass but just couldnt get in touch with us was referred to the other guy and now she is with him. Well the yard is the size of a matchbox. It takes 5 mins with a 21" push mower. All together its 15' by 10'. He charges $35 mowing sometimes twice weekly and get this $336 for the spring cleanup. I worked on that cleanup and never could imagine such a price. If i can ill get a pic of the yard to show you guys. Well this winter she told him thats it she couldnt afford $2k a month for him and are going to go with us. I didnt hear this yet she had told her neighbor who is a relative of the family. He pleaded that she is his best client then went on to badmouth us like crazy. He still drives by and waves and deep down i wanna punch him out. He stated we were unreliable never worked were too busy with school our equipment broke down, our trucks didnt run. Its all crap well my 2003 truck didnt run right but o well. I have better stuff than he does and my lawns look 10* better for around 20% less cost. O well.