PDA

View Full Version : Think I lost a HOA...

justmjc
03-03-2004, 05:31 PM
Put out a renewal letter last week for a HOA. Supposedly, they all said they were happy and that we could do business again this year. Submitted my agreement with only a $5 increase and call the contacts. I say "You get my renewal letter, you think we can do business again?" . He said, "don't know, were voting on it in a few weeks". I said "you collecting bids?". Yep...

Well, either there a bunch of liers or they're cheap. I think they're playing the companies to get the rate down.

Anyways, they went through 5 companies last year, and I was the only one they liked and stayed with. If they call back too late, I'm going to have to raise the rate because of my schedule filling up. Oh well, If I lose them, I think I picked up another apt. complex. They paid late anyways and I had to almost enforce legal action after they were almost 3 months behind. Hope they didn't think I was the bad guy.:D

Nitroman
03-03-2004, 06:24 PM
I can't blame you, what does your contract state about billing and bill payment?

upsondown
03-03-2004, 06:30 PM
You let them get 3 months behind? That's nuts my friend. No wonder they loved you - they could draw interest on your money.

JKOOPERS
03-03-2004, 06:44 PM
That seems to be the down fall on commercial. Here in St. Louis its like 60-90days to get paid for commercial.

cush
03-03-2004, 06:45 PM
You only increased the price by $5. Why bother such the small increase?

FFMED74
03-03-2004, 06:47 PM
Seems to me that they can have their lawn, 3 months is silly and if they were in biz they would like someone paying them that late. Tell them you are not interested in them, sounds like a big headache~~~~~~~~

justmjc
03-03-2004, 06:55 PM
Well, they did pay up. Supposedly, only 1 officer could write the checks at the time, and each time the bill came to a PO box, he got off work to late to get to the PO box. That's the excuse.

ANYWAYS....the only reason I like this one because it was $120 account for 2 hours of work. But, I think I'm replacing it anyways with another apart. complex. So, nothing loss.

Tharrell
03-03-2004, 07:57 PM
I don't know why you're worried about them if they are a negative account. Get other customers. Sales solves a lot of problems.