PDA

View Full Version : Spring Cleanups

minerapex
03-03-2004, 04:48 PM
I just started doing lawn maintenance and was wondering what you guys do for spring cleanups. Also I am looking at buying a 36" walk behind. What do you guys think of bobcat? Any help would be great.

bobbygedd
03-03-2004, 05:35 PM
love the bobcat. spring cleanup, make sure you make it very clear to client what you will do. ours=rid beds and lawn area of leaves, branches, acorns, etc. natural debris. dispose of same.

mbricker
03-03-2004, 06:04 PM
I'm getting spring letters ready to go out. Spring clean-ups is one of the topics. Most of my customers won't need much, cause they have me do good fall clean-ups. But for the few cheapskates who don't want me picking up leaves until "they are all down," the letter says "Any needed clean-up will be done at the first mowing. No extra charge will be made unless the time required for clean-up is 15 minutes or more beyond the normal time for mowing, or the quantity of extra lawn waste to be disposed of exceeds 2 bags."

So if Mrs. Pudd didn't want me to come in Feb. to pick up all the fallen limbs, or Mrs. Qwack won't let me come this month to clip the dead growth off the liriope and Pampas grass, when I show up to mow and they come out to say "will you take care of this and this for me while you're here, it will only take you a couple of minutes," there is no misunderstanding or haggling about whether they will be charged for the extra.

15 minutes per is VERY generous, especially considering I have about 70 customers, so I don't appear overly money-hungry, yet I consider it affordable one-time-a-year goodwill.

Spring clean-up for a new customer? Particularly someone whose lawn wasn't taken care of last fall? Nuther story. Doubt that I will bother.

Ol'time Lawncare
03-03-2004, 06:30 PM
allways write everything down you are going to do!never undercut your self! if your removing ,make shore you tell them about dumping costs ,cause some people think thats free to use grass cutters here in jersey!charge for everything you do and you got half the battle won.