PDA

View Full Version : 50 ton of stone

bobbygedd
03-03-2004, 06:42 PM
what's your price on 50 ton of 3/8" red stone. picked up, delivered, installed. open areas for instal, no plants nothing to spread around. no gate, open area

terracare
03-04-2004, 01:36 AM
what does it cost you per ton?

Todd

GarPA
03-04-2004, 05:51 AM
assuming you'll be putting down heavy grade landscape fabric, and if its wide open and you can use a small skid steer/dingo,somwhere between $4K and $5k

kris
03-04-2004, 07:39 AM
Bobby ... I'm going to assume a couple of things here ... 1st that a ton of this stone will equal somewhere around 1cubic yard. ...thats allot of stone. ... 2nd I'll assume that you have a tandem to pick it up.....
Sight unseen Id probably go around 1 cubic yard per hour for production ...so 50 hrs labor
material cost ...stone and fabric
equipment cost ____ per hour
trucking_____ per hour
general conditions=_____ labor hrs
profit ____ %

Id be up over 6k

GarPA
03-04-2004, 08:16 AM
the low number on my post was for wide open area, no plants, easy acceess...other wise I'd be around $5k

did allot of stone installs last year and the calculation for mulch works ok for calculating stone amount needed

I love doing stone installs...very profitable and if you can get a small machine involved its not as tough as it sounds..

we dont haul it and have it delivered...max delivery per load is 8 tons

DUSTYCEDAR
03-04-2004, 09:11 AM
sounds like 3 tri axels of stone so call the quarry and find out what it cost to deliver to the site_________
if u can use a machine rental price________
if it is all open u could get it done in a day so labor plus any other expenses and there u go

olderthandirt
03-04-2004, 09:33 AM
50 ton is 2 semi loads and with a loader and 1 helper it should be moved and finished raked in 4 hrs easy. We can do a 50 ton drive in 2 hrs with a machine and 1 guy raking edges. I have #57 limestone deleivered for $11.00 ton = 550 plus tax and the extra they through so figure my cost is $625 if oyu need to rent a skidsteer pr front end loader and have it deliever and picked up thets arounf $300 a day. Plus help$125 day total $1050. Then its how much prifit you want to make on the job. I would settle for a 3k profit for 4 hrs work.

Mac