PDA

View Full Version : testing

PRO CARE LAWN MAINT.
03-03-2004, 08:44 PM
i recieved the books today to study for the nc test, can anyone give any pointers, like do you have to know all the diseases etc.

j fisher
03-03-2004, 08:56 PM
No. Most of the questions are common sense, multiple choice and true/false. A lot of it is on safety, some on pesticides labeling and there are questions on calibrating per Sq ft. You will not be asked to identify any particual weed, grasses or diseases. STUDY the Turf and Ornamentals book throughly! Study the "Test Your Knowledge" sections in the Applying Pesticides book.

Aleman
03-03-2004, 09:10 PM
You will need to know about the conditions that the diseases thrive in. Also you will need to be able to identify which weed is an annual or perennial. Its not a hard test and it is alot of it is common sense like J Fisher said. I would study the green book and know it. Like I said, its not hard but dont go in thinking its easy.....

sodzilla
03-04-2004, 09:22 PM
The test here in WI wasn't to bad. I studied alot of the saftey, storage, handeling, and calibration stuff. I was shocked to find out so much of the test pertained to insects. That was the one thing I didn't study alot. I know it was important but didn't think there was going to be that many questions about them. I still passed.

PRO CARE LAWN MAINT.
03-05-2004, 04:35 PM
thank ya'll very much, i guess it is time to study.