PDA

View Full Version : What do you pay your help

primecutmo
03-03-2004, 10:30 PM
I have a friend that wants to work for me. He is a hard worker and reliable. How much should i pay him to run mowers and trim/edge.

TXLAWNBOY
03-03-2004, 11:47 PM
I usually start guys off at $8 hr. One thing you need to be careful for is the fact that he is a friend. I'm not saying this is going to happen but, Friends and family will screw u over worse than anyone if you're not careful. Just be up front and honest about everything with him. Let him know that you are not being a a$$ if you tell him to do something a different way than he does it, it's just that you have ways you want things done and it's your company and name on the line.

I have had several friends work for me and the first thing I tell them is that nothing personal but I do things certain ways for cartain reasons and that's the way I want it. It's not that my way is the best way (really it is LOL) it's just that I have a system and certain expetations.

Let it Grow
03-04-2004, 11:39 AM
I start mine out at $9/hr.
I had one guy with me last year that is going to work for me again this year, and I'm bumping him up to $10/hr.
Yeah, make sure they know who the boss is!

wriken
03-04-2004, 01:38 PM
I start out around 7.50, my crew leader is going up to probably 12.00 per hour.

IndyPropertyCare
03-05-2004, 04:37 AM
Remember.. Its not only what you pay the person... but also factor in what it cost's you to pay the person ( insurance+taxes+etc.)