PDA

View Full Version : Dimension or Pre-M

jackelope68
03-04-2004, 12:03 AM
Im trying to decide if I want to switch from Pre-M to Dimension for my first application (end of March Begining of April) I am in SW Ohio with mostly a blend of fescue and bluegrass. Is dimension worth the extra money for just the pre-emergent capabilities. Does it last any longer???? Are you getting fewer call backs????. I know dimension has post emergent capabilities for crab grass and I'm using it for some of my customers when i apply a little later in the season. Just thought I'd Throw this out because I'm heading to Lesco in a few days. Dimension is running about $4 higher per bag. Thanks for any advice,,,,Dan

lordohturf
03-04-2004, 01:28 AM
Dimension/Pre-M

Both products are similar in how long they last and number of weeds controlled. The big difference is Pre-M can have staining issues and Dimension offers a longer window of application without staining.

In Cincinnati I would recommend a split application of whichever product you choose.

tremor
03-04-2004, 08:06 AM
Pre-M does a little better job on Broadleaf weeds.
Dimension doesn't stain.

Little known fact: Both offer some very early post-emergent crabgrass control. But Dimension was introduced later & needed a niche.

University studyies confirm they are statistically equal at controlling crabgrass. All the rest is spin.

heybruck34
03-04-2004, 08:07 AM
I like Dimension. Did a bag of Pre-M for my friend and now have yellow shoes and socks. From what I have heard and read most people here in the South like Dimension more. Is it worth the extra 4 bucks? your call. I think it is.

MN Wildwood
03-04-2004, 10:39 AM
I would recommend Dimension, I have not had a single call back and have received great protection. In my mind it is well worth the additional cost and it doesn't hurt to tell your customers that is the reason if your price is a little higher.