PDA

View Full Version : One Man, Three apartment complexes

TYLAWN
03-04-2004, 01:42 AM
Is it possible? How many one man LCO's have a big work load.

jeff_0
03-04-2004, 01:51 AM
depends on the apt complex... sure it's possible

CSRA Landscaping
03-04-2004, 09:40 AM
Yep, possible. Depending on the workload, it may not be smart for an extended period of time but it's possible.

Dependable Lawncare
03-04-2004, 09:46 AM
I have 3 complexes, not to big though. The largest one takes me a full day by myself (busting arse!). As the others have stated, it can be done but this year I will probably get some help for that biggest one. It sucks to trim for 4 hours straight, just depends on your physical limitations.

terracare
03-04-2004, 09:55 AM
We didnt get a chance to really test it because one of the hydros was broken at the expo, but jungle jim co. makes a foot operated machine that frees up your hands to trim. It felt pretty comfortable to Ed and I. Might wanna check that out, would save you some hassles of hiring people.

Todd

Royalslover
03-04-2004, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by terracare
We didnt get a chance to really test it because one of the hydros was broken at the expo, but jungle jim co. makes a foot operated machine that frees up your hands to trim. It felt pretty comfortable to Ed and I. Might wanna check that out, would save you some hassles of hiring people.

Todd

Say what????????

impactlandscaping
03-04-2004, 12:24 PM
I tested one before and if you have a lot of trimming or blowing, it could be the ticket.Costs about the same as a high end belt mower or low end hydro.I think its called the ZTF1000? Not too sure about the name, but you can swing the backpack blower rack around to start it w/o getting off the machine....BTW- We have a complex that takes24 man hours per mowing, so be careful not to get in over your head..Goood luck..

justmjc
03-04-2004, 12:52 PM
How many acres, how many buildings, how much trimming and edging?

impactlandscaping
03-04-2004, 01:36 PM
3 acres of turf in main areas, 2.5 in broken sections.Bldgs are lettered A -K, 11 main buildings with 20 secondary buildings.Lots of line trimming, blowing.No edging.We also do the turf program, tree skirting, mulching, shrub trimming, leaf removal , and 2 color rotations per year as well.Spot spraying the ornamental beds is included in weekly servicewhen we mow.

specialtylc
03-04-2004, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by impactlandscaping
3 acres of turf in main areas, 2.5 in broken sections.Bldgs are lettered A -K, 11 main buildings with 20 secondary buildings.Lots of line trimming, blowing.No edging.We also do the turf program, tree skirting, mulching, shrub trimming, leaf removal , and 2 color rotations per year as well.Spot spraying the ornamental beds is included in weekly servicewhen we mow.

Sounds like the 6 complexes we do. Yeah I wouldnt want to tackle those by myself on regular basis. I have done it a few times with just 2 of us. Those were killer days.

GrassFearsMe
03-06-2004, 05:55 PM
what do you get $$ for some of these monster complexes? some of the smaller ones? i am tryin to pick up accounts like that, appreciate the input.

specialtylc
03-06-2004, 06:08 PM
$450 average per mow. 5 man crew takes 2.5 hours average. We do one that is all push mowing because of special sod instalation takes 5 man hours and we get $240 for it.

Avery
03-06-2004, 11:58 PM
Too much for a solo IMO.

PRO PROPERTY CARE
03-07-2004, 10:05 AM
I have a 80 unit townhoue complex. Its 10 buildings, with about 225000 sqft of grass. I have done it a couple of times myself. It can be done, but alot nicer to do it with a helper.
If you get any sort of bad weather, it can be a problem.
:cool: