PDA

View Full Version : Cypress Mulch, All the Same?

Benchmark
03-04-2004, 12:37 PM
I have a customer who wants Cypress mulch. The only way I can get it in Oklahoma is by the bag. I've been calling around for prices and they are ranging from $1.84 for a 2 cu ft bag all the way up to $10.19 for a 3 cu ft. bag. Isn't it all the same? If not, how do you know if it is any good. thanks in advance for your replies.

Master of the Lawn
03-04-2004, 01:26 PM
I just finished a job using cypress mulch from Home Depot (180 bags) No Float Mulch. It took me and my guy about 5 hours to do entire job. Walked away with $925 after pay roll ( not bad for one day) I would suggest to have the mulch deliverd. I like to use bag mulch, because it easier to handle clean up is easy, How big is this job you are looking at ? :D

Benchmark
03-04-2004, 02:58 PM
Measured out at 971 sq. ft or 6 cubic yards. 2" thick at about 81 bags. Were you happy with the mulch quality? Home depot is about the cheapest I can find. Does anyone have an account with them?

ElephantNest
03-04-2004, 05:54 PM
I love the Home Depot no float shredded cypress. All I use. Under $2.00 a bag for 2cu ft. I usually charge around $5.00 per bag installed. Corbins I believe is the name brand.

The reason for some of the price dif. are shredding techniques. Some are shredded very fine, and go a long way. Some are ripped, some are broken down by other methods.

Master of the Lawn
03-04-2004, 06:13 PM
I do like the quality of the Home Depot No Float Mulch. As for a account i do not have one ,i buy supplies with a company check to show a record.

NCSULandscaper
03-04-2004, 07:43 PM
might as well buy the cheap stuff. Cypress is cypress, the cost like metioned is the way its shredded. I like the finely shredded personally.