PDA

View Full Version : Bradley Mowers

ztoro
03-04-2004, 02:08 PM
http://www.bradleymowers.com/Bradley%20Mowers.htm

Anybody ever hear anything about these guys?

I think they may be new but the have a 15hp Kohler 48" gear for 1,999.00

TreffertLawnWrx
03-04-2004, 02:14 PM
Not sure, I also just saw them in the new A.M. Leonard catalog.

impactlandscaping
03-04-2004, 04:20 PM
I saw one last week at a dealer here in town. If you don't have a lot of properties, maybe a good choice for cost efficiency, or one man shows looking to move up in mower size....Not too thrilled about the Briggs engine choice either.You get what you pay for IMO.I bought one of their single wheel sulkies a few years ago, and it didn't hold up well at all.The bearings wear out quickly, and the rim digs in the turf on tight turns.It was about $ 100 less than a Velke, I got what I paid for....

kenslandscaping
03-05-2004, 12:23 AM
We are a dealer for these mowers and so far I have been very impressed. The parts are 85 or 90 percent scag part #'s and are easily crossed refrenced. They are almost identical to the two or three year old bobcat mowers or scags. Good engine choices and GREAT prices.

Ken

chuckwk
03-05-2004, 12:24 AM
Nice website .... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

olderthandirt
03-05-2004, 01:06 AM
Chinese Mowers, chinese quility

Mac

ScagTM
07-29-2014, 10:49 AM
We are a dealer for these mowers and so far I have been very impressed. The parts are 85 or 90 percent scag part #'s and are easily crossed refrenced. They are almost identical to the two or three year old bobcat mowers or scags. Good engine choices and GREAT prices.

Ken

Except Scag mowers are made in the U.S. using U.S. steel, by a company that has the knowledge and experience to build armour for the United States military.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mowingman
07-29-2014, 02:15 PM
This brand has been around for 8 to 10 years. Yes, they are built in China. In fact, this brand was one of the first Chinese-made mowers to show up here in the U.S. These mowers are pretty generic, and the same design has been sold under many different names with different engines, paint and decals.
Some brand names include Landscaper Supply, Blackrock Manufacturing, Dixie Chopper, Bradley, and many more that I can not remember.

planetlc
07-29-2014, 03:43 PM
This thread is ten years old...

Mowingman
07-29-2014, 04:12 PM
Ha Ha:dizzy::dizzy:

Armsden&Son
07-29-2014, 11:26 PM
Bradley...

Calling 35 dollar lawns!

herler
07-30-2014, 10:29 AM
Just my thoughts...

I get re-directed to havenerent.com which is Havener Enterprises, a sulky manufacturer.
Seems they suddenly started selling these Bradleys, maybe they acquired them ...
Bradley mowers have been around, just seems they never caught on, and they seem to switch hands every so often.
One might say I don't recall the last thread reviewing or bragging about these mowers.

Not sure, but I can tell you from my own experience with off-brand mowers (by off-brand I mean most anything that isn't your everyday brands you see discussed on these boards) is that parts availability can be a nightmare even for the seasoned cross-referencing systems operator.

Oh, and of course you have to fix it all yourself, anytime it breaks down.

The worst part is that you have to go through the rigmarole every single time, plan on making your own parts list (as in write down which part, where to get it from, the price, what mfg/brand/part number and so on, then keep these lists someplace safe), and you'll probably have to source parts from a good half dozen or more suppliers (like tires from one guy but belts from another, then spindles and bearings).... Probably you even have to draw up your own schematic?

I foresee a serious problem with the hydraulics, you'll really need to be up to par on those systems just to understand where to get those parts from because even seasoned operators usually claim little knowledge in these areas, needless to say your local dealers are likely to be of little help with anything parts or service.

That's been my experience, overall it is probably not worth the thousand dollars saved but it could be a good investment for someone who owns (or plans to own) a fleet of these and has (or plans to have) a service department.

Mowingman
07-30-2014, 11:48 AM
"Seems they suddenly started selling these Bradleys, maybe they acquired them"
No, Havener Ent. has been the importer/distributor/original selle,r of this brand since it first showed up in the U.S.

Patriot Services
07-30-2014, 12:10 PM
Ugliest stander award winner.
Posted via Mobile Device