PDA

View Full Version : Who is the Brickman Group?

Stihl036pro
03-04-2004, 04:37 PM
Can anyone tell me who the Brickman group is, I never heard of them. They under cut me on a bid for a retirement community. This bid was worth lots of Dough. They only under cut me by 3 thousand. I thought my bid was just right. From what I gather there a national company. I thought my pirces seemed really fair for the size of the property. Just alittle disappointed, I'll get over it. :angry:

2 man crew
03-04-2004, 04:46 PM
Stihl, Thats too bad. Do a search with "Brickman" You will get the idea of what you are dealing with.

http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=63615&highlight=brickman

Five Star Lawn Care LLC
03-04-2004, 05:19 PM
pretty much the largest lawn company in the US

rodfather
03-04-2004, 05:28 PM
I think I read someplace a year or more ago they are established in like 27 or so States.

NNJLandman
03-04-2004, 05:46 PM
http://www.brickmangroup.com/index.php they are huge, started in the south I believe now they are in most states on the eastern coast. I always see them in NJ.

scannon
03-04-2004, 10:29 PM
Big in Atlanta see there trucks all over the place

Flipperneck
03-04-2004, 10:36 PM
They are a huge company so if each crew makes the bossman a profit of 50 bucks a day the guy makes millions, don't get discouraged about your prices they should be higher then his. Some people like them alot of other people prefer the personal touch an owner operated business gives them. Customers are like women make em feel special and perform good service and they won't look elsewhere.

Stihl036pro
03-05-2004, 12:49 AM
I feel like a small little general store in the town center. Then walmart comes nocking at the door. It was difinitely a learning experience since I am not to familiar on bidding on huge properties. Atleast I know who I'm dealing with now. On the bright side my prices were more then fair and I would never go as low as brickman to get that job. Its hard to belive that there are companies like Brickman under cutting EVERYONE. THere are some LCO's trying real hard to keep there head above water, and then here comes brickman blowing everyone out of the water. Thats Business, you got to take the good with the Bad and never give up if you want to survive. They must do an un-real amount of volume though to stay ahead of the game. Thanks for you replies! -MIKE-

IndyPropertyCare
03-05-2004, 03:39 AM
Well boys.... let me tell you,,,, IPC major account manager is kicking their azz in sales.... we have picked up a ton of their old accounts due to the fact that property managers are just plain tired of having to deal with the poor customer service they provide ( most also told me they cant understand the onsite help & thats very frustrating ) We have sold all of our accounts with " Because we care " customer service, sure we are not as CHEAP... but we guarantee our customers will be happy with our service & the word is getting out about us. So, I would say....build your business on your reputation....because if you dont,
Quote: It takes months or years to find a customer & only seconds to lose them.

K

metro-hp_48
03-05-2004, 03:54 AM
"Customers are like women, make em feel special and perform good service and they won't look elsewhere"

flipperneck, so true..........so true. IMO, that's what it takes.

That and word-of-mouth, is all I ever needed.

Big M LawnnSnow
03-05-2004, 03:58 AM
There a Large company, in almost 30 states.
Brown and creme colored trucks.
I worked for them in the 80s.
They did alot of contracts with AT&T.

MJ

Ricks Z28
03-05-2004, 07:03 AM
I can't aggree MORE with what Indy Property Care says about The Brickman Group. This is EXACTLY what happened to me here in Pa. I had a Huge Hospital property and they came in and took it for 1 yr. The next year the owner of the property called me and said " They made a BIG MISTAKE " . They too couldn't converse with the workers on the site because the person in charge of the property committee couldn't speak spanish. And the quality was less than POOR which makes it S*%**Y. If you are one of us who looses a property to them, all I can say is " Don't burn any bridges " with the customer and maybe they will see what it is that they are NOT getting for the price.

legendrider
05-02-2004, 07:27 PM
I work for Brickman any questions? Just ask!

hartlawnmain
05-02-2004, 07:36 PM
There big here in Charlotte. I see 'em every Thursday. They're in the same high end subdivisions I'm at.

Cutters Lawn Care
05-02-2004, 07:41 PM
Legendrider are all of Brickman's employees legal?

legendrider
05-02-2004, 07:49 PM
I know Brickman has had problems in the past with illegal workers. i can tell you in my Branch from what have observed all workers have been checked. we also use the H2B program which is Government sponsored. I am sure there are some loopholes though. Given the size of the company. we are up to 104 branches in 23 states

Tony Clifton
05-02-2004, 07:58 PM
LegendRider, what role do you play in your branch? I think Brickman has done a lot for the industry, and is good at what they do. Does your location offer tree services or landscape install, or just maintenance. Inhouse mechanics? Lets see some pics of the rigs.

AL Inc
05-02-2004, 08:10 PM
They came to town a few years ago, to put it frankly, their work is below average (don't mean to offend you, legendrider). I guess they play the same game as Chemlawn. I helped a friend bid on a building a few years ago (I was going to do the lawn applications) and it worked out to about 15K just for the applications. We found out through the grapevine that Brickman was doing the ENTIRE package of mowing, clean-up, fert, etc for something like 18K. They still lost the contract and I see another local company there now.

glllc
05-02-2004, 08:31 PM
Their marketing plan is to come in and low ball an area and once they get all the accounts they are looking for they start to go up trust me i have been dealing with them for about 4 years and their just now getting up to about average prices

P.S they SUCK

BOTURF
05-02-2004, 09:13 PM
I just saw them up in Muncie Indiana on sat cutting at a large apartment complex ( they must have come out of indy) and they were mowing in a complete down pour of rain , clumps and wads of grass everywhere looked like major crap . They also had one boss man or forman who was American and rest were h2b iam assuming, there alot of local companys here who would do a much better job but its the same old story price shopping . I dont see how they get any work if there quality is this bad and if they get fired from alot of there accounts