PDA

View Full Version : Big Time Rip Offs

olderthandirt
03-04-2004, 07:51 PM
Bought a mower a month ago from G-r-a-v-e-l-y, pro walk. they took my money and sold me a 4 blade system the same one that there still advertising on there web site. Went to pick up the mower yesterday and found out that G-r-a-v-l-e-y knew they can't sell the blades but they never once called me, waited for me to pick it up and use it. I contacted G-r-a-v-l-e-y and they have not responded. Good spo-nsor or big ripoff ? I think its a ripoff
What everyone opinions? :angry:

See how long this thread stays up before they pull it becouse of them being a great spon-sor

Mac

bobbygedd
03-04-2004, 08:32 PM
sorry to hear that mac. it's a damn shame when you pay good money for something, then get lied to, then get a no return call when there's a problem.

ksland
03-04-2004, 08:37 PM
Thats just wrong, you'd better get justice

olderthandirt
03-04-2004, 10:34 PM
Yea I wonder if they would let me use one of there mowers for a month to decide if I likes it?

Mac

FFMED74
03-04-2004, 10:38 PM
Sorry to hear that they are that poor of buisness people and they have let you down. I can safely say that I remeber these types of things and will not be looking at G-R-A-V-E-L-Y ANY TIME SOON!

olderthandirt
03-04-2004, 10:46 PM
FFMED74
Eric I think if more people would remember poor customer relations from a co. that wants are $$$$ we could weed out the rip offs

Mac

Advanced Lawncare
03-04-2004, 10:47 PM
Thanks for the heads up Mac that is just wrong.

olderthandirt
03-04-2004, 11:48 PM
Just wanted to let all know how they treat customers

Fareway Lawncare
03-05-2004, 12:06 AM
What is this 4 Blade System you speak of?

chuckwk
03-05-2004, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by olderthandirt
Bought a mower a month ago from G-r-a-v-e-l-y, pro walk. they took my money and sold me a 4 blade system the same one that there still advertising on there web site. Went to pick up the mower yesterday and found out that G-r-a-v-l-e-y knew they can't sell the blades but they never once called me, waited for me to pick it up and use it. I contacted G-r-a-v-l-e-y and they have not responded. Good spo-nsor or big ripoff ? I think its a ripoff
What everyone opinions? :angry:

See how long this thread stays up before they pull it becouse of them being a great spon-sor

Mac

"Bought a mower a month ago from G-r-a-v-e-l-y, pro walk. they took my money and sold me a 4 blade system"

First off .. why are you typing hyphens between the letters in Gravely?

Who took your money? Your dealer when you paid for it? ... then your dealer talked you into buying a 4 blade system.?

"same one that there still advertising on there website" ?
On whos website? Gravely or your dealer? Are you talking about the 'double blade kit ' ??

"Went to pick up the mower yesterday and found out that G-r-a-v-l-e-y knew they can't sell the blades but they never once called me, waited for me to pick it up and use it."

I'm having a hard time breaking this one down... You went to pick up your new mower at the dealer, when you got there the dealer told you they can't sell you the blades cuz Gravely stopped sales of them? Your mad cuz you drove all that way when they could have called you and save you a trip? (again, not sure if I understand this from the beginning)

"I contacted G-r-a-v-l-e-y and they have not responded"

When and how did you contact them? Did you call them? If you sent them an email .... I would suggest calling.

"Good spo-nsor or big ripoff ? I think its a ripoff"

Gravely is a great sponsor. They are one of our industries top manufactures and have always done the right thing. Gravely a ripoff..?? Thats like labeling the Ford Motor Company a big ripoff because of a customer complaint.. hardly. Give them a chance to take care of whatever problem you have ... Jumping on a public forum before you give them time to contact you and spouting off words like "ripoff" is the wrong approach.

"What everyone opinions?"

Search through LawnSite.com and you can read comments from many, many satisfied Gravely owners ... you can also find members who had problems which were resolved to satisfaction.

Again.. I had a hard time understanding your post ... I'm not sure if this is something you brought up in the past and I only have half the story.

chuckwk
03-05-2004, 12:39 AM
"See how long this thread stays up before they pull it becouse of them being a great spon-sor"

Why would I remove it?
Posts like this are not a new thing to LawnSite.com It seems like everyone jumps the emotion gun as soon as they feel like any product or service went the wrong way for them .... instead of approaching the problem the right way... they decide to retaliate with public slander ... not realizing they are only hurting themselves ... usually, the 'problem' has already been fixed but the person is to busy attacking them on the Internet to pick up the phone when the dealer or mfg rep tries to call them.

I think any MFG should welcome attacks like this because it gives them an opportunity to fix a problem publically .... like I said, most of the time the person who starts a 'ripoff' thread ends up inserting foot in mouth.

Mac .. I'm not talking about you in particular .. like I said, I'm not fully sure I understand your original post or your problem... But, I do know Gravely is a stand-up company and you should have ZERO worries. It will be taken care of ... if not already.

olderthandirt
03-05-2004, 12:43 AM
Chuck, this is not something I brought up in the past. The hyphens are becouse my first post disapeared and I know there 1 of your sponsers. Yes I am talking about the 'double blade kit thats still posted on there web site on the top of lawn Site. No I'm not mad becouse I drove to pick up the mower and it was not ready I'm mad becuase there still advertiseing there 4 blade systems and the benefits of it, and its not available. The govt made them pull it out of production becoase it would not stop fast enough with the blade brake thats required. And its been out of production, they knew and still know they have a problem, but they still keep advertising it. Yes I e-mailed them, I figure if they can advertise on the web then surely they can answer ther e-mail, I left my phone # for them to contact me and still haven't heard from them. Give them a chance to take care of whatever problem you have ... Jumping on a public forum before you give them time to contact you and spouting off words like "ripoff" is the wrong approach. That would be great advise as soon as they take there advertising for a product thats not available to the public off a public forum. And thats what I wanted everyones opinions on, is it right to advertise a product for sale that a company knows is not available at present and will be a couple of months at the earliest. I hope I cleared up any questions you had and I hope you leave the thread up becouse I'm sure most would consider that false advertising or just a rip off. If not let me hear it and if I'm wrong I'll do a new thread to publicly apologise.

Mac

dvmcmrhp52
03-05-2004, 12:46 AM
Personally I think it is a dealer issue not a Gravely issue.JMO.

olderthandirt
03-05-2004, 12:50 AM
Dave, go to the top of the page and check out Gravely site its still listed by Gravely, not the dealer that why I feel its a manufacture problem and not a dealers.

Mac

mbricker
03-05-2004, 12:52 AM
Mac, it's been nice readin' yer posts. too bad we won't be able to partake of your wisdom much longer

DLCS
03-05-2004, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by dvmcmrhp52
Personally I think it is a dealer issue not a Gravely issue.JMO.

Ditto

I think alot of companies avertise new products on their websites before they are actually, made available to the public. BUT, it is the dealers responsibility to make the cunsumer aware that it is not able to ship or purchase until a later date.

chuckwk
03-05-2004, 01:18 AM
"Yes I am talking about the 'double blade kit thats still posted on there web site on the top of lawn Site."

Still posted on their site on the top of lawnsite? Does Lawnsite have some sort of announcement about their double blade kit that I'm not aware of? I have not been able to find any mention of it.

"I'm mad becuase there still advertiseing there 4 blade systems and the benefits of it, and its not available."

Remember that Gravely is a rather large corporation and even the smallest decisions.. like, changing any detail on a website has to be passed down and agreed upon by top management then trickled down to an agency that takes care of their site ... most large companies can't act on snap decisions ... For all we know any change to their site might be sitting on the desk of a webmaster.

DLCS is right ... we are VERY lucky to even have the platform that gives the mfg the opportunity to interact with end-users ... just a few years ago (before the Internet thing) it was unheard of for a mfg to handle any client situation... it was completely in the hands of the dealer to handle everything ... even introduction of products, etc.

"Yes I e-mailed them, I figure if they can advertise on the web then surely they can answer their e-mail, I left my phone # for them to contact me and still haven't heard from them."

When did you email them? I think you should realize that you should pick up the phone and call them ... heck, a hundred things could have happened to your email ... I have had lots of emails disappear into cyberspace ... sometimes server mail filters inadvertently delete emails as junk or spam ... etc., etc., etc.

Also, I can't find anywhere on their site or ours about the double blade system... ???

chuckwk
03-05-2004, 01:22 AM
The conclusion to this thread ... 30 minutes later :D

Glad everything has worked out!

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=64202