PDA

View Full Version : plugr aerator

sildoc
03-05-2004, 11:25 PM
Has any one used or seen the plugr aerator?
If so did it look solid?
Did you see a demostration?
What was your personal opinion?
Is it very solid?
Thanks.

Hamons
03-06-2004, 01:12 AM
Nothing beat the Rock SOlid Plugr. Have used both the Ryan, Classen and Lesco Models and would say the Rock Solid Plugr works 10 times as well. I bought the Rock Solid lasts Spring and loved it.

Pluses

Pulls better plugs in dry soil because of its cam action tines

Easier to maneuver in tight areas because of its stable 4 wheels

Reliable simple design -- 50+ hours already and haven'r broken a single belt or linkage

Does not tear up turf as easily as drum type aerators

Very easy to load and unload from the trailer

Minuses

Will tear up turf if trying to go ***up*** very steep hils -- always go sideways

Slower than Drum Types -- but the PL800 pulls more cores so you only have to go over one pass -- not two.

Handle design need

KCLandscape
03-06-2004, 01:19 AM
Considering I have used Hamons unit, I agree it it THE BEST aerator I have ever used. I dont feel like a mashed potato at the end of the day. Wow, does it put holes down too!!!

sildoc
03-06-2004, 02:11 AM
Thanks hamons and Kc. Looking good so far. Hammons what did you pay new? I have searched the net and found it to be right around 2000 pending the model about the same as bluebird and ryan(?).
I would like a used one but since they look like such a new company I am not sure on if there will be many used ones.

65hoss
03-06-2004, 02:25 AM
I own 2 of them.

ParkerLawn
03-06-2004, 02:38 AM
I now have a unit that beats all of them. I run Grasshoppers and just bought the Aera-Vator in a 61" unit. This thing is absolutely incredible. It is the most efficient piece of equipment available. Check it out: http://www.grasshoppermower.com/03/products/frontmount_implemnt/turf/turf_renov_main.html#Aerator

samman
03-06-2004, 11:12 AM
What's the price on the 60" and the 40" Aera-Vator?
Any general pricing guideline per thousand square ft?

sildoc
03-06-2004, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by ParkerLawn
I now have a unit that beats all of them. I run Grasshoppers and just bought the Aera-Vator in a 61" unit. This thing is absolutely incredible. It is the most efficient piece of equipment available. Check it out: http://www.grasshoppermower.com/03/products/frontmount_implemnt/turf/turf_renov_main.html#Aerator
ya 61" would be nice but that would mean that I would have to buy a piece of equiptmnet that I would hardly use since most of my gates are 48" or less.

JeffK
03-06-2004, 02:05 PM
I have an aerating business where I do a fair amount of lawns with the Plugr. I have nothing but good things to say about the unit.

You can use it all day and it doesn't feel like you got the crap kicked out of you.

I have used others and now wont use anything but the Plugr. I plan on buying the 800 model this fall (Currently have the 600 witht he Honda).

The only complaint has already been voiced. It doesn't go up hills well so you have to go sideways. Not a real big deal but the Honda engines have the oil sensor that cuts out when the oil flows to one side of the oil pan. The easiest remedy I think is to disconnect the oil shut off. Other than that the unit has been great!

Jeff

John at JDH Select
03-06-2004, 03:42 PM
Purchased in spring 2003. Works great and pulls plugs better than the drum type. Has an incredible, simplistic design and I have been very happy with the machine. :)

Hamons
03-06-2004, 03:46 PM
$2495 picked up at the factory. Pl800 with the Briggs

ParkerLawn
03-06-2004, 09:47 PM
61" Aera-Vator is $3950 and the 40" is $2950. I look at that I paid this for my Ryan Lawnaire V and now do the work in a 1/4 of the time. I sold my Lawnaire V and if I have a lawn with a gate i will rent one at my dealer for $50 a day, but the efficiency of this new Aera-Vator is just mind blowing. It is also nice not to have to mess with cores after aerating. You get the same results without the mess. This is by far the best piece of equipment I have invested in.

sildoc
03-06-2004, 09:54 PM
61" Aera-Vator is $3950 and the 40" is $2950. I look at that I paid this for my Ryan Lawnaire V and now do the work in a 1/4 of the time. I sold my Lawnaire V and if I have a lawn with a gate i will rent one at my dealer for $50 a day, but the efficiency of this new Aera-Vator is just mind blowing. It is also nice not to have to mess with cores after aerating. You get the same results without the mess. This is by far the best piece of equipment I have invested in.
yes but you still have to have the 5000-10000 dollar grasshopper to put it on. That in its self is not even close to the 2-3 thousand walk behinde aerator. JMO

craigs lawncare
03-06-2004, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by John at JDH Select
Purchased in spring 2003. Works great and pulls plugs better than the drum type. Has an incredible, simplistic design and I have been very happy with the machine. :)

What aerator are your guys referring to when you are talking about "the drum type?"

Craig :confused:

ParkerLawn
03-06-2004, 10:27 PM
My whole point is, I have 2 Grasshopper 928D with 61" decks that we use for mowing and all I have to do is switch off my deck and hook up to the aera-vator. It takes 2 minutes to switch out. If you don't run Grasshoppers, of course this isn't feasible. All I am saying is I am blessed to run Grasshopers and have thsi option available. I am comparing my experience to running a Ryan Lawnaire V and the new Aera-Vator. So anyone who does run Grasshoppers, invest on this machine.

GreenMonster
03-06-2004, 10:35 PM
My whole point is, I have 2 Grasshopper 928D with 61" decks that we use for mowing and all I have to do is switch off my deck and hook up to the aera-vator. It takes 2 minutes to switch out. If you don't run Grasshoppers, of course this isn't feasible. All I am saying is I am blessed to run Grasshopers and have thsi option available. I am comparing my experience to running a Ryan Lawnaire V and the new Aera-Vator. So anyone who does run Grasshoppers, invest on this machine.

This was a BIG factor in my decision to go with Grasshopper this year

I hope the aeravator is half as good as you say:D

As much as I wanted the 61", I went with the 40" for now.

ParkerLawn
03-06-2004, 10:47 PM
You won't be disappointed. It is truly awesome.

ParkerLawn
03-06-2004, 10:50 PM
Also wanted to add that you made a great decision going with Grasshopper. It is all I have ever run and demoed everyhting every year, but Grasshopper is where its at. They are the greatest machines out there in my opinion. Built like a tank and cut and ride like a dream. It is nice not having to buy or build a striping kit for my mower. It should be a standard design on every mower like the Grasshopper does. If you can't tell, i am a huge Hopper fan.

GreenMonster
03-06-2004, 10:53 PM
Also wanted to add that you made a great decision going with Grasshopper. It is all I have ever run and demoed everyhting every year, but Grasshopper is where its at. They are the greatest machines out there in my opinion. Built like a tank and cut and ride like a dream. It is nice not having to buy or build a striping kit for my mower. It should be a standard design on every mower like the Grasshopper does. If you can't tell, i am a huge Hopper fan.

Can you talk me into a Grasshopper mid-mount over a deere or toro?

ParkerLawn
03-06-2004, 11:03 PM
What do you want to hear? They are indestructible, great riding, fast, stripe better than anyother mower and have accessory options out the rear. As I said I have tried demoing other mowers and have ohter companies that I speak too using other machines and I always am glad I never took a chance with anything else. Everyone around here runs Grasshoppers and anyone I know who have run the deere mowers switch to the Grasshopper. The deere is a good mower but after comparing the 2 I just don't think deere has caught up to the Grasshopper's overall performance and reliability. The Toros are ok but that is all I can say is ok, nothing special. All the mowers today are good machines but it is just my persoanl opinion that Grasshoppers are the best as other people say differently but I have looked at other makes, so I am making educated opinions here.

SUGAR_CUT_MARK
04-25-2004, 10:05 PM
i presume that the plugr is not self propelled, correct?