PDA

View Full Version : i love lowballers/ scrubs

draftlawncare
03-05-2004, 11:57 PM
this guy puts an ad in the local paper he has 6 ft tall white pines installed for $30 each or he will sell them for $25 with no install. So i call the guy tell him to hook me up he brings the trees by today and says if i pay cash he will knock off $25 dollars. we got to talking he told he drives to statesville N.C to get these trees and hauls them on a 16 ft trailer thats about a 2 hour drive one way i dont see how he does it but thays okay i know a deal when i see one 14 pines installed with shovels for $395 cash

2 man crew
03-06-2004, 12:05 AM
I hope you both don't get in trouble for not meeting your states minimum wage standards. ;) Good score though!

dkeisala
03-06-2004, 12:10 AM
That's what they say anyway. HUGE nursery trade in this part of the country and theft is a major issue. I just ask that people know where their plant material is coming from and all is legit.

Phishook
03-06-2004, 03:28 AM
Just curious, Were they B&B or hand dug? And was thet 16' trailer open?

dreisman
03-06-2004, 09:43 AM
In Pennsylvania they call that Theft by receiving stolen property..BE careful, get a receipt or some kind of information from this guy so it looks like you made an effort to be ligit....I say this with experience....

proenterprises
03-06-2004, 12:15 PM
yep-ill bet dollars to doughnuts that their is foul play involved here. just watch out.

draftlawncare
03-07-2004, 10:21 PM
Phishook they were B&B and yes it was a open trailer he told he can get me 10 ft dogwoods for $25 might get about 15 of those . after talking to him a little more today i think he is on the up and up he is just not very smart. If he wants to work for free then who am i to stop him

Phishook
03-08-2004, 01:18 AM
I've never dealt with it. But I have heard of plant's getting wind burnt from being hauled uncovered. I think it's from the wind sucking the moisture out of the leaves.???
If you get those dogwood's, you might want to ask him to cover the branches with burlap or something.