PDA

View Full Version : Lawn Cleanup

firedog2710
03-06-2004, 01:57 AM
i have a problem. l work as a firefighter/paramedic. occasionally, an older citizen will walk in and ask if one of us would like to do some odd jobs around there house. today, a lady walked in and asked if one of us would clean the gutters in her neighbors house. long story short, i found out that this lady handles the lawn maintenance for her house as well as 6 other houses on the same block and she's not happy with the service she's getting. apparently the operators from the company she uses now refuse to get off their mowers to clean up or anything. i don't have any accounts now at all. it would be really great to get all these yards. i consider lawn cleanup to be mowing, trimming, and blowing the grass clippings off the driveway, sidewalks, patios, etc. does everyone agree? thanks for the help.:confused:

charlies
03-06-2004, 11:06 AM
i do not agree. mowing trimming and blowing are exactly that, a mow/trim/blow. lawn cleanup to me is going around and picking up all the kids toys, dog poop, trash, etc. for me, a spring clean-up is leaves, branches, bushes, gutters, etc.:)

firedog2710
03-06-2004, 12:18 PM
is that pretty much the definition across the board, because i can live with that? of course, i'd probably have to charge more than i planned for that.

promower
03-06-2004, 01:49 PM
dog poop is not part of my spring or fall clean up:D

codywyomingus
03-07-2004, 11:17 AM
mow,edge,weedeat, blow is all! I tell folks we'll pick up organic items only, like the newspaper, tree debris, etc. everything else is for them to gather up!

tiedeman
03-07-2004, 01:38 PM
we usually will pick up things for the first or second time, like toys, trash, etc., but after that we tell the customer that they will be charged extra for the trash pickup.

Normal lawn maintenance is mow, trim, and blow, some areas like the edge as well.

jajwrigh
03-07-2004, 04:59 PM
Dog poop is the customer's problem not mine!!