PDA

View Full Version : Equipment Guard Trimmer Racks

Grass Master
03-06-2004, 03:46 PM
FYI...

Just came across some very nice looking, vinyl coated trimmer racks that hold 3 trimmers with individual locks.

Great price too!!

I was quoted $149.95 by a local dealer!!

Check 'em out......

www.havenerenterprises.com

DLCS
03-06-2004, 05:52 PM
For less than a $150, you can get a Trimmer Trap 3 place rack. Then you only have 1 lock to worry about, just lift a knob and no pins to remove and put back in.

Grass Master
03-06-2004, 07:22 PM
Mike,

I like the idea of vynly coating to protect the trimmers, edgers etc. plus..

a lot of times we are not using all three tools at once so the others will stay safe and sound locked up on the trailer.

gogetter
03-07-2004, 03:27 AM
www.precoparts.com for $69.

With the model you're looking at (TG3000), you can forget to put the pins back in and drive away while the trimmer falls out.

But with Haveners other model (TG2000) you can't forget to secure it, it won't let you. Plus they are on sale at www.precoparts.com for only $69.

This is the 3rd season for mine.

allstar
03-07-2004, 09:18 AM
Jonathan,
Is your trimmer rack pretty rigid?I recently purchased one from Lowe's in that price range and,even though it's securely bolted to my trailer,there's a pretty good bit of "give" to it.Putting 3 trimmers in it and driving around makes me a little nervous.

Grass Master
03-07-2004, 02:44 PM
Allstar..

Stick with your local servicing dealers and you will get better products and full service!!

dkeisala
03-07-2004, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by allstar
Jonathan,
Is your trimmer rack pretty rigid?I recently purchased one from Lowe's in that price range and,even though it's securely bolted to my trailer,there's a pretty good bit of "give" to it.Putting 3 trimmers in it and driving around makes me a little nervous. I bought the same rack at Lowe's. I've had to wrap it with duct tape and foam to keep it from beating the hell out of my trimmers, it doesn't lock and it doesn't hold trimmers steady in one position.

I just ordered the unit gogetter talks about in this thread from Precoparts. After looking at the TG3000 for $69, the unit I bought at Lowe's was a waste of money.

gogetter
03-08-2004, 05:11 PM
I didn't even know Lowes sold trimmer racks.

Anyway, mine is plenty steady. I have 2 trimmers and one stick edger on it.