PDA

View Full Version : Plugr questions

NateinAtl
03-06-2004, 04:23 PM
I know I should just demo one myself, but by reading through all the posts on this type aerator, my questions don't seem to be answered.

I am concerned about hills, and I am concerned about aeration depth.

Here in Atlanta we have to deal with hard compacted clay soils. It is very hard to get good plugs even with brand new tines on my Ryans, but of course, all customers want deep plugs. You can mow short, but if they don't water before we come, you can't get too deep. Honest answers please, will a plugr aerator go just as deep as a Ryan in these type conditions?

Secondly, everyone talks about tearing up turf on hills with the Plugr. What do you do to get back up the hill if it is suggested to go sideways on hills? Here's the perdicament. Many of my customers have bermuda front lawns and fescue back lawns. If I plan on aerating the fescue in the fall with a Plugr on a property that slants down to the back lawn, how do I get back up to my truck when I am done with the back lawn? Remember, the front and side lawns are bermuda and I only aerate them in the spring.

Thanks in advance.