PDA

View Full Version : Bid response time...

jajwrigh
03-06-2004, 05:32 PM
Do any of you find that some commercial locations wait until the last minute to inform you if they accept your bid or not? Or is feedback usually prompt if they want your services this season?

specialtylc
03-06-2004, 05:40 PM
I have many customers that sign contracts in october. And I have had some that wait until 2 weeks into the mowing season to give us the go ahead. I hate those that wait.

jajwrigh
03-06-2004, 05:56 PM
Thats what I figured....I am fairly confident on a few of my bids and I am getting a little impatient. Things are just begginning to green up around here so it won't be long.

FFMED74
03-06-2004, 06:23 PM
are you the one who was telling me to be patient two weeks ago????LOL! Hope all is well for you Jason. Don't worry be happy, it is only goning to get better in Indy!!!

alpine692003
03-06-2004, 07:12 PM
me too, it;s been 1 week.

lol

tiedeman
03-06-2004, 11:05 PM
When large accounts come to me at the last minute, I decline them. I can't jump through hoops at the spur of the moment, I have to plan my business out just like theirs

olderthandirt
03-07-2004, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by tiedeman
When large accounts come to me at the last minute, I decline them. I can't jump through hoops at the spur of the moment, I have to plan my business out just like theirs

We need more like you tiedman then maybe some of these cooperations would realize we run business also. Now if there willing to double the money I could probably re adjust my schedule.:angel:

Mac

bastalker
03-07-2004, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by tiedeman

I do the same thing...But I am content with my residentials, an dont really want to pick up any commercials....I have alot of high end residentials, an I really prefer them to commercials, Its a a little more personable.

Plus the fact that I have been underbid relentlessly...I just dont even bother.....

Commercials are looking for the cheapest price, an for a few years now I haven't even come close. So I dont waste my time anymore........

specialtylc
03-07-2004, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by bastalker
I do the same thing...But I am content with my residentials, an dont really want to pick up any commercials....I have alot of high end residentials, an I really prefer them to commercials, Its a a little more personable.

Plus the fact that I have been underbid relentlessly...I just dont even bother.....

Commercials are looking for the cheapest price, an for a few years now I haven't even come close. So I dont waste my time anymore........
Im glad there are lots of Companies with your attitude out in the business world. Someone needs to do all those residential customers.