PDA

View Full Version : Wrecked my lawn truck ( Pics )

ElephantNest
03-06-2004, 07:29 PM
Here's what some idiot did to me a few hours ago. Decided to call it a day. Got one garden completed, was going to bid another job, and this is the result. I was making a left turn, with turn signal, and some guy tried to speed around me for some reason, T-boning me in the drivers door and behind the bed. Shoved me about 15 feet sideways, door in my side. No injuries, just a bit sore, but the truck is whacked. Can't open the door, window shattered to bits, front end making a funny noise. Ugh. So...how was your day?;)

LB Landscaping
03-06-2004, 07:31 PM
That sucks, at least you're ok!!!!

ElephantNest
03-06-2004, 07:33 PM
Another angle.....ARG!

Eric 1
03-06-2004, 07:45 PM
Yep...that would suck.:angry:
At least your ok and you will get a new paint job. It was the other dudes fault right?

1MajorTom
03-06-2004, 07:59 PM
That's terrible. Glad to see you weren't injured though.
Do you have a spare truck to use while this one is getting fixed?

LawnPerfect
03-06-2004, 08:03 PM
At least you now have a reason to retire your Chevy and get a man's truck. LOL.
Glad you aren't hurt though.
Lemme guess, the new intersection at wal-mart on Gause??

P.S. I have now saved your number for 3am prank calls. LOL

ElephantNest
03-06-2004, 08:08 PM
LMAO!

Actually, it was Gause, but on the corner of Rue Rochelle. Yep, other guy's fault. I forgot to tell y'all the best part. The officer had us move our vehicles to a parking lot, while he is talking to the other guy, ANOTHER idiot backs out of his parking spot, hits the front of my truck, and drives away.....with a cop standing 20 feet away. I saw my truck rocking, heard a little tap and squeak, looked over and the guy pulls away...just drives on down the road. I'm yelling "Hey! Hey!!", cop is looking at me funny..I told him what happened, but I didn't see any damage at all so I called him off...he had one leg in the door about to chase this guy down. Man, what a day. lol

proenterprises
03-06-2004, 08:09 PM
LOL doc-dun prank nes-hes had a bad enough day.

at least insurance should cover it. right?

LawnPerfect
03-06-2004, 08:12 PM
I would have just walked into Cuco's and drank the night away after all of that.

Question, did you business name come from Bayou Liberty?

ElephantNest
03-06-2004, 09:01 PM
Insurance, yup...HIS.

Yes, sorta', the name from Bayou Liberty and incorporated the Liberty bell in my newspaper ads. So it's kind of our Liberty and the Bayou Liberty combined. Grew up on that Bayou....will likely die here too.

lawnboyblake
03-06-2004, 09:26 PM
That's too bad
Are they going to total it? If so, that would be the best deal because when a truck is wrecked in the cab it could be hard and expensive to fix, and it may never be right.

lawnman_scott
03-06-2004, 09:48 PM
What year is that? Mine was hit almost exactly like that, exept I had no damage to the bed. Mine is a 98 F-150 and it was about $3000 to fix. They had to cut out and replace the rocker panel, thats the expensive part, and it looks pretty much like that on your truck.

STAN1366
03-06-2004, 10:02 PM
Gee, that's too bad. I got hit last week on the rt. side of my bed. No way near as bad as your's. If they total it, maybe you could change the cab yourself? I did it to my '73 Ford a few years ago. The cab was rusting away and I came across a wrecked truck w/ low miles that had slowly been picked over. I bought it just for the cab and put all my trucks insides in it plus 2 new doors. Lot of work, but worth the effort as I go another 15 yrs out of it! If you get a good buck from the insurance company you might make some money on it, or just part it out. Good luck and flad to hear you're not hurt.

jajwrigh
03-06-2004, 10:04 PM
Sorry to hear about your bad luck....at least you aren't injured!

draftlawncare
03-06-2004, 11:56 PM
i thought i was the only 1 having a bad day fired the truck up today and put it in gear transmission started raising hell $1400 fix . DAMN DODGE when i parked it was fine go figure

tiedeman
03-07-2004, 12:01 AM
Ouch, those pics make me turn my head

vadeere
03-07-2004, 01:23 AM
Wow, my dad had a truck exactly like that, 1990 reg cab 2wd. A lady ran a red light at 35mph and t boned him. Ended up totalling both the hyundai that hit him and his truck. However he drove that truck another 1000 miles. They will probably total it out assuming that the other party has insurance. Try to get as much out of his insurance as you can, i want to say my dad got somewhere in the $8000 range 5 years ago and the truck had 150000 miles on it. Good luck and I am glad you were not injured. You got to love those tough old chevys.

bastalker
03-07-2004, 01:34 AM
Hey Elephant....Sorry to hear about that....Looks like it can be fixed np though.......Time to go to designoutpost an get you a logo......Let them pay for it, an a new paint job.......

Wish someone would run into me like that!!;)

specialtylc
03-07-2004, 02:46 AM
ITS A TOTAL. Now you can trade up to a heavier duty pickup like your signature line says you have. Gotta look on the bright side.

MOturkey
03-07-2004, 08:32 AM
Looks to me as if you are indeed fortunate you weren't injured. The outcome could have been much worse, for sure. Glad to hear you are OK. Better luck the rest of the year. Neill

ElephantNest
03-07-2004, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by specialtylc
ITS A TOTAL. Now you can trade up to a heavier duty pickup like your signature line says you have. Gotta look on the bright side.

Signature line? I don't follow. I have always said I have a Chevy 5.7ltr.....am I missing something?

Thanks for all the kind words. I was feeling very sore late last night, but feel a lot better this morning. Lower back, which I broke back in '93...so it's likely just aggrivated.

sheppard
03-07-2004, 08:58 AM
Same thing happened to me 6 months ago. Some kid took a corner on a drizzly day and lost control. Slammed into my driver side door then hit me again on the trailer.

GO TO A CHIROPRACTER! A month from now you could have serious problems from this. The guy's insurance company will probably pay for the visits- I asked for this and it happened ( as well as a rental).

Cordially,
Sheppard

specialtylc
03-08-2004, 11:52 AM
I apologize ! Wrong signature. But I still say you wont be getting it repaired. Its a Total.

dobehap
03-08-2004, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by specialtylc
I apologize ! Wrong signature. But I still say you wont be getting it repaired. Its a Total.

I agree.

You DONT want it repaired. Time for a diffrent truck.

ElephantNest
03-08-2004, 07:11 PM
Well, somehow, being that I recently moved, my insurance had lapped, the mailed notice was "lost" in the mail. La. law says since I wasn't covered, I get squat. Absolutely squat. 100% the other guy's fault, my loss. So.....at the worst possible time, after spending almost $15,000 on equipment in the last few months, I am flat broke, no truck. I pay cash for things. Because of this, I'm not even sure what kind of credit I have. I know I have about $12,500 worth of credit cards, so it looks like I may have to buy a truck on one of those. My business account is fairly new, so I doubt a loan from my bank is possible.

Remeinder to everyone: Check, then recheck your coverages, make sure all is what it is supposed to be. I'm screwed.

Fareway Lawncare
03-08-2004, 07:58 PM
Considering you didn't have insurance you should count yourself lucky you did no damgage to anyone else.

dvmcmrhp52
03-08-2004, 08:20 PM
Ouch,sorry to hear all of this nest.
I don't know how,but I'm sure it will work out some way.
Glad to hear you're o.k.

LawnPerfect
03-08-2004, 08:24 PM
OUCH!!!

Man Im sorry to hear your bad news.
There is a bright side though, pick up all new clients in Pearl River and your truck will fit right in. LOL:p