PDA

View Full Version : Exmark Metro 36 w/ grass gobbler

firehoser
03-06-2004, 06:32 PM
I've been a lurker here now for several months and the knowledge I've gained from you guys has been incredible. I recently ordered an Exmark Metro 36 w/ fixed deck and I am considering a grass gobbler. Does anybody run this combo and if so any feedback for a newby? Is the jumbo too jumbo? I don't have a local dealer for the grass gobbler so I'm having to order online and so far I'm alittle confused as to which one fits my WB and if it needs any additional brackets to attach to the deck. Does it fit right out of the box? Also any input on dealers for the grass gobblers?

LawnScapers of Dayton
03-06-2004, 08:14 PM
I know this does not answer your question but, have you considered the Accelerator products?? Check their ad out at the top of this page...

Derek

Turfdude
03-06-2004, 08:21 PM
My foreman purchased the same unit for his personal lawn almost 2 years ago. The jumbo catcher is a good size. I have one for each of my 7 walk behind units. I honestly can't remember if you need a bracket for this unit and/or if the deflector has to be removed. Usually they go for $200-$225 for the jumbo w/ the bracket. If you need a bracket, just "dry fit it first, then drill the 2 holes and tighten down w/ the supplied bolts. I suggest you use locktight when doing this and let the bracket sit overnight before using the catcher.
We just purchased 2 48 Bobcats last week (chose these over comparable 48 eXmarks) and the catchers fit these units out of the box. They needed NO bracket and the deflector chute stays on. Just let the people from Wright mfg know which unit you have and they'll shiop the proper stuff for you. BTW, my dealer only charged me $160 each per catcher. I haven't paid this amount since my earlier purchases on Scag machines in '90 or so.
The gobblers take a long time to wear out and if your welder can be set low enough, you can weld them if needed.

Good luck.

dishboy
03-06-2004, 11:00 PM
The jumbo's work great. I usually empty mine before it is full as it seems a little heavy. Two bags full fills a 32g garbage can. If I was going to buy one catcher I would buy the jumbo for leaf removal reasons, rather than the small one.

gogetter
03-07-2004, 02:33 AM
I would strongly recommend a different bagger. I have the Jumbo unit for my Exmark 36" and I hate it. I should say I hate the weight!

These are heavy when they're empty! I use mine as little as possible, but on the rare occasion that I have to use it, my back is killing me when I'm done. Bending over to take it off and put it back on is a workout with that weight.

If I was doing it over, I would have bought an aluminum one. There are a few different manufacturers that make aluminum catchers.

STAN1366
03-07-2004, 02:51 AM
I bought the Jumbo with the leaf extender for my 48" Bob cat. I also use it on my Lazer on occasion when I don't have the Ultra-Vac on it. I don't find the weight objectionable. It is the heaviest catcher I've ever owned, but it is the strongest one I've ever had. When I have the leaf extender on it can be a bear, but it packs fully and that is what you want. As for the Alluminum ones, I don't know since I never owned one, but anyone who has one like them.