PDA

View Full Version : Been Starting OUT...

GillamLawn
03-07-2004, 01:54 AM
Hello, I am 23 yrs old, and I have been starting out very slow, Its been several years, I chose to Work at my current factory job, and have also worked for two professional Lawn Care companies, I have finally bought all of my major equipment.
2004 Ford F-150 4X4, 7X14 Cargo Trailer, Exmark Lazer Z HP 48" W/striping kit, and mulching kit, Stihl weedies and Stihl blowers. I am so ready to get out there and start mowing I can't hardly sleep at night, does anyone have any pointers for a newbie like myself. types of properties to mow, advertising, bidding, etc? Thank you.

Team Gopher
03-10-2004, 07:35 PM
Hi GillamLawn,

One of the best things I can think of is to read the different posts on this site so you can learn from others. Best of luck on your business!

jajwrigh
03-10-2004, 10:05 PM
Take advantage of all of the knowledge contained in this site. Read around a bit and utilize the search function and you will have hours and hours of reading at your fingertips.

youngdude
03-31-2004, 11:43 PM
Its kind of late to bid on commerical accounts. Your best bet would be to go for residential. Make about 1000 black and white flyers and blanket the area that best suits you. Good luck this season!