PDA

View Full Version : 2000 61" Turf Tiger

Andrews Lawn
03-07-2004, 04:01 AM
Hey guys, need a little advice on this mower. I am looking at buying a 2000 61" Turf Tiger 27hp. LC with 60hrs. on it.

My main question is what year did Scag come out with the Advantage Deck?They say it's a 2000(by the way, can you tell the year of scags in the model/serial number?), but i didn't know when exactly they came out with the Advantage Deck.

It is a dealer selling the mower that got it from another flakey dealer that went out of business and they claim that the owner himself just used the mower to cut his personal yard. The mower is in like new condition.

Also is there any noticeable differences between the 2000's and the 03/04's? I am pretty sure the pumps are smaller on the 2000's but is there anything else? Thanks for you input.

Sam-Ohio
03-07-2004, 05:30 AM
There is so much change that its hard to know where to start.

The advantage deck will have the front skirt leaning at about a 45 deg. angle - the older decks were straight up in front.

There was a baffle plate added near the discharge that causes the grass to blow out better and makes a vac work better.

The inside front baffle was made to adjustable up or down to stop blow out when vacuuming and still let it cut good in real deep grass.

Flex nylon discharge chute on mow deck instead of stamped steel, quieter, and won't bend up like steel chutes do'

Cast spindles housings are about 160
% thicker and heavier.

Front wheels/tires are much wider and Timken bearings in wheels , not roller bearings

Deck belt wraps around pulleys further for more grip, and idler spring made softer so less stress on bearings. Makes belt and bearings last longer.

Whole frame and drivers seat lowered down 4 inches - helps stability and improves ride quality.

Hydro Gear pumps increased to 16cc out put from the older 10 cc pumps. Hydro oil tank reduced to 1.5 quarts, and twin oil cooling radiators added to keep hydro oil better cooled.

Seat cushioning much better and adjustable suspention seats now coming as standard.

Deck lift pedal effort made much easier, now lifts with 1/3 the effort, and deck adjusts to 1/4 in settings.

Pto clutch is now 250 ft lb. torque Ogura was 175 ft lb

Better stronger steel drive pulleys - lighter yet far stronger than older cast iron pulleys.

There is probably more changes , but you can see that there is a lot of improvements that have been done in the last 4 years.

scannon
03-07-2004, 07:43 PM
What is the price for the Unit? I got a quote for an03 model with 106 hrs, for $7200.

Andrews Lawn
03-08-2004, 04:08 AM
The price they quoted to me on it was $6999. I know it has the Advantage Deck on it, I was just wondering what the first year for it was.

Andrews Lawn
03-09-2004, 01:19 AM
Does anyone else have any input on this mower? How about the price, is it reasonable? I thought about going for it if the dealer would throw in the heavy duty air filter for the kawasaki.

Also if I buy it, I thought i might add an oil cooler to the hydro system since the 2000's just came with the larger reservoir. has anyone else made this modification to their Turf Tiger?

LawnSmith
03-09-2004, 02:14 AM
i wouldnt touch that machine with a 10ft pole. all we run are SCAG machines and 6-7 tigers in the past/present. you are talking about spending $7,000 on a machine that is 4 years old, does NOT have any type of warranty, and is outdated compared to todays machines.

to put things in perspective, your going to spend $6,999 on that machine and i could walk into my dealer right now and get a leftover '03 machine for $7,999.

i would be lucky to get $6,999 for one of our '03 Tigers with the 29hp LC DFI Kaw.

DO NOT BUY!! and this is coming from someone who bleeds orange.

Andrews Lawn
03-09-2004, 10:55 PM
Sorry, I didn't mention that the dealer is selling it as a new machine since it hasn't ever been registered and that it comes with a full warranty, which i believe is 2 years.

I have actually started to reconsider it today ever since I went to the Hustler dealer today. Looked at a 27hp LC Kaw 60", it's a very sharp machine. Now I think i am close to making a purchase...

LawnSmith
03-10-2004, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by Andrews Lawn
Sorry, I didn't mention that the dealer is selling it as a new machine since it hasn't ever been registered and that it comes with a full warranty, which i believe is 2 years.

I have actually started to reconsider it today ever since I went to the Hustler dealer today. Looked at a 27hp LC Kaw 60", it's a very sharp machine. Now I think i am close to making a purchase...

please do yourself a favor and check out the '02+ Turf Tigers. they are completely redsigned and blow the pre '02 models out of the water.