PDA

View Full Version : Door hangar idea

Michianamowpros
03-07-2004, 08:20 AM
What you think about this I go up two a house to put out a door hangar and there's one already there I thought I would throw mine on the ground in front of the door and make it look like the other guy took mine down to put his up does that sound like a dumb idea

lawnman_scott
03-07-2004, 08:50 AM
I think thats brilliant. If it was my house i would think the other guy was a jerk.

Lawn-N-Garden Guy
03-07-2004, 08:51 AM
DUMB IDEA,Just hang it with the rest,May this will get you out there a little earlier next year

lawndude2004
03-07-2004, 08:57 AM
I had 4,000 deluxe business cards printed out this year. I covered the entire lake surroundings in two days with a mail jeep. I am still receiving calls for work a month later. Maybe I am wrong, but it seems door hangers would take way too much time to pass out. Do they get good responses?

Dan the mowing man
03-07-2004, 09:16 AM
Lawndude how do you pass out buisness cards with a mail jeep ?

lawndude2004
03-07-2004, 10:29 AM
you put them in the paperboxes or on the outside of the mail box, the mail jaeeps can be bought for $300-$1000, luckily I have a friend with 3. Since they are right hand drive, you can do it by yourself on off days. I have found out that the cards are more efficient than flyers. They are much easier to pass out, plus the homeowners are morre likely to hold on to them. It works for me

Dan the mowing man
03-07-2004, 12:00 PM
Thanks lawndude . I never thought of that . I was going to do the same with flyers.

Mike@Haines
03-07-2004, 12:03 PM
Be real careful with mailboxes! It's a federal offense (LITERALLY) if you're ever caught or turned in. Mailboxes are considered property of the US Postal Service and the postmaster can come after you with bigtime fines. I used to work for political campaigns, believe me, you'll get into "heap big trouble" messing with mailboxes.

DanThe Grass Man61
03-07-2004, 08:05 PM
I bought these sticky back magnets at Lowes for cards,they work great,alot of front doors are metal ,just open the screen door and stick them on ,how many of us have magnets all over our refridgerators from everywhere,I've seen mine on my customers fridges before

scottishmaximus
03-07-2004, 08:44 PM
As far as the door hanger situation, just leave your door hanger with the other one. Hopefully yours looks better and will make the sale.

I have thought about using magnetic business cards and placing them on house doors. Do any of you find this offensive or could this be considered damaging or graffiti. I know this probably sounds extreme, but say it were a car door. I would think people would find a magnet on their car door offensive, at least i would. What about house doors? I have thought about putting post it note style business cards on house doors, but they may leave a sticky residue. Some people are anal about things. Do any of you use magnetic business cards?