PDA

View Full Version : Bidding Rock Walls

mr-mow
03-07-2004, 12:44 PM
How are other people bidding bolder/rock retaining walls? Please help me with this im getting some of the jobs im bidding but not all. Maybe it something im doing wrong with my bidding. Can other contractors please give me some good advice on this subject !!! Thanks and happy mowing

proenterprises
03-07-2004, 09:55 PM
hey-throw this in the landscape design forum...youll get a better response. good luck.

D Felix
03-09-2004, 04:10 PM
The best advice I can give is that you don't want to be the low bidder every time. You will not make any money. If you are getting more than 50% of the ones you bid, I would say you are probably getting close to bidding too low.

As long as you know what your costs are, and they will be covered, including addressing any "unforseens", then you will be fine.

No one here can tell you what you should be charging, only how you should go about developing your bid. Our overhead will be different than yours, plus our material cost will be different too. Some may give prices, but look at that only as an example, and only as an example if they tell you how they came to that number.

HTH.

Dan

EagleLandscape
03-09-2004, 04:16 PM
isnt this already in the landscape design forum?:-\

little green guy
03-10-2004, 12:56 AM
If your not getting all the jobs you get your probly on track. If you start getting most of the jobs you bid your probly to cheap and then what's the piont of being in buisness if you arn't making money?

Randy Scott
03-10-2004, 08:35 AM
mr. mow, If I were you, I would price them at about a buck per face foot. You should be fine at that price for our area. :D